Creating an ExternalLink
Note: This should only be used if the link needs to have extra attributes on it, like if it will be used inside a component, or needs a thumbnail image attached to it. Regular links to sites outside Sitecore do not need to be linked in this manner.
Go to your site’s Extras folder. Click the ExternalLink button, or right click on the ExternalLinks folder and insert>ExternalLink
- Name the Link appropriately.
- The LinkText will be seen by visitors of your site.
- Be sure to place http:// in front of the URL.
- You can choose to set a button for the link, but it is not required.
- Save the item and publish
You can now access the external link via InsertSiteCoreLink, from the rich text editor, or for use in any component.
Last Modified: 4/1/10 kd74