- Create a list object in one of your Extras folders
- Add items to the list
- Add the list to a page by editing the Presentation Details
Note on List Types
- There are four basic list types. They differ *ONLY* in the heading:
- A "Quick Links" list will have a heading that says "Quick Links"
- A "Learn More" list will have a heading that says "Learn More"
- A "Custom Links" list will have a heading that you can edit
- A "Marketing Links" list has no heading
- Regardless of what type of simple list you create the procedure is the same
Procedure in Detail
- Go to your site's Extras folder and create a new list within one of these folders: CustomLinks, LearnMore, MarketingLinks, QuickLinks
- Give the list a meaningful name when you create it. Nobody will see the name, but it always helps to give good names to items so you'll know what they're for later.
- If the list heading is editable, edit it.
- To add an item to the list, click the space where it says "Choose Item:" Then navigate through the content tree and click on the page you want to add.
- If you intend to show button images in the list, choose the button image field, or leave as "No Image
- Choose the location of the text: before or after the image. If there is no image, you still MUST choose something other that "No Text" or text will not show.
- Click the "Add" button to add the item to the list. The new list item will appear in the box below.
- Repeat the steps above to add all items to the list.
- You may use the blue arrow to rearrange list items, or use the red X to remove an item from the list.
- To edit an item on the list, double click it, make your edits, then click "Save"
- When you are done, remember to approve your item for publication
Putting this List on a Page
To add this list to a page, you will need to find the page in the content editor and edit that page's Presentation Details. Learn more about editing a page layout.