How To Change the Layout of a Page
Changing the Layout of a Single Page
- In this example, we'll change the page's 3-column layout to a 2-column layout
- Click on a page, then click on the Presentation tab in the top menu bar
- From the Layout group, choose Details
- Under the default layout grouping, click Edit
- On the next popup screen, choose Controls
- Click on "BodyThreeColumn", then Remove
- Then click on Add
- In the space for Rendering, browse to Sublayouts/Body Two Column, then click "Select"
- In the space for Placeholder, type "Body Placeholder".
- No need to set the data source.
- Click OK a couple of times, then Save, Preview, and Publish
Changing the Layout of Multiple Pages
- A fast way to change the look of several pages is to copy the presentation details from one page to another. In this example we will copy the presentation details from publicsafety/about to publicsafety/police.
- Start with a page that has a layout that you want to reuse for other pages. In this case we will click on the "about" page in the content editor
- Go to the Presentation Details for that page
- Verify that the list of elements is correct, then click "Copy To"
- In the next window, make sure target device is "Default", choose where to copy, then click the "Copy" button. In this example, we will copy to "police."
- Click OK, then Save, Preview, and Publish
Last Modified: 11/18/09 dmt34