XFINITY On Campus™
Drexel's Office of Information Resources & Technology and Comcast are beta testing XFINITY On Campus™: a new free television and video service that provides wireless access to 85+ live streaming television channels and on-demand video content to ALL students living in University Housing residence halls. Optional monthly subscriptions to premium channels (like HBO, Starz, NFL RedZone, and others) are also available for purchase.
Drexel University is the second and largest institution to begin a trial of this service. Please be patient: there will be bugs and glitches but the service is rapidly improving. Check this web page for news and updates.
All current residents of University Housing residence halls (Calhoun, Caneris, Kelly, Millennium, Myers, North, Race Street, Stiles, Tower and Van Rensselaer) may access the service. There are no fees or registration.
- DrexelOne user ID and password
- Active connection on the campus network (wired or DragonFly3 wireless only)
- Operating System
- Windows 7 or 8 (Modern UI/Metro touch interface not supported) or
- Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher)
- Web browser: IE 9, Firefox 27, Safari 6, or Chrome 32 (or higher) with Adobe Flash 12.0 installed
- Apple Mobile: iOS7 (or higher) for 4th Generation (and higher) iPhones, iPod Touches, and iPads using the XFINITY On Campus App
Support for Android mobile devices is coming soon.
- You may only have one video stream active at a time.
- Only three devices or browsers may be registered to work with the service. You can reset these at any time.
- IRT tests have found that Firefox and Safari offer the best browser-based player experience.