XFINITY On Campus™
Alert for Apple Mobile Devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod) -- Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Alert for Apple Mobile Device Users
DO NOT UPGRADE to XFINITY on Campus version 1.3
Comcast released XFINITY on Campus version 1.3 to the Apple App Store on Tuesday, September, 30th; however, there was a bug in the new release that prevents the app from functioning. Unfortunately if you have already upgraded, you will likely need to wait until Apple releases Comcast's next version (1.3.1) before you can resume watching.
As of 4PM ET on the 30th, Comcast was still working with the Apple App store to try to have the broken version removed from the store and to expedite the release of version 1.3.1.
XFINITY on Campus
Drexel University was the second and largest institution to begin a trial of this service last spring. We anticipate that Drexel will continue to trial new features as Comcast introduces them later this year and in early 2015.
All current residents of University Housing residence halls (Calhoun, Caneris, Kelly, Millennium, Myers, North, Race Street, Stiles, Tower and Van Rensselaer) have to use the service. There are no fees or complicated registration involved to use the service. Your computer or mobile device must be connected to the Drexel Campus network to user the service.
- DrexelOne user ID and password
- Active connection on the campus network (wired or DragonFly3 wireless only)
- Desktop Operating System
- Windows 7 or 8 (Modern UI/Metro touch interface not supported) or
- Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher)
- Web browser: IE 9, Firefox 27, Safari 6, or Chrome 32 (or higher) with Adobe Flash 12.0 installed
- Tip: Firefox and Safari tend to offer the best web browser experience
- Apple iOS7 for 4th Generation iPhones, iPod Touches, and iPads using the XFINITY On Campus App in the App Store.
As of September 17: Apple's new iOS8 isn't currently supported on the current XFINITY On Campus App (ver 1.2). Comcast has submitted an iOS8 ready version to Apple and is awaiting its release to the App store. (Should be released with a version number greater than 1.2).
- Android App support is available for most Android devices in the Google Play Store. Android version 4.0 or higher required.
- Support for the XFINITY On Campus in web browsers can sometime be finicky. If you're having trouble with your browser check that you have the correct Flash version.
- Although Comcast suggests OS X 10.9 is a requirement, IRT has found the service runs successfully with OS X 10.6.8 or higher
- Thus far IRT has found that browser support in Firefox has been the most reliable . If you have trouble viewing with one browser, please try another. See the Help link for more info.
- Comcast's on-line help resources across their web site, Android and Apple Apps is inconsistent and no up-to-date.