IRT Technology Update: Subscribe/Unsubscribe
The IRT Technology Update (Tech Update for short) is a periodic HTML newsletter published via email about twice per quarter. Topics published in the newsletter are of interest to Drexel students, faculty, and staff. They cover:
- virus/phishing alerts
- technology demos
- software licensing changes and version updates
- Learn LMS features
- schedules for technology workshops offered by the Instructional Technology Group
- and more!
New members of the Drexel community are automatically subscribed to Announcement mailings, including the Tech Update.
Drexel Subscription Services: Subscribe/Unsubscribe
If you would like to subscribe with your Drexel email account, log in with your Drexel Domain credentials at http://drexel.edu/irt/subscriptions and check the box for "I wish to receive announcements." Then click "Update My Subscriptions." This option includes not only a subscription to the Tech Update, but to a variety of other announcements about events taking place on or near Drexel's campuses. In effect, you can either subscribe to all emails sent through IRT's announcement lists, or receive none of these optional mailings.
To unsubscribe from Announcement mailings (which includes the Tech Update), simply uncheck the box next to "I wish to receive announcements." Then click "Update My Subscriptions."
Only the Tech Update: Subscribe/Unsubscribe
If you have already unsubscribed from the optional announcements mentioned above and would only like to receive the Tech Update, you can subscribe yourself directly to the Tech Update's distribution list in ListServ with any email address you wish. To subscribe to the list, you will need to prepare and send a subscription command to ListServ via email. Here's how:
- Compose a new message in the email account you would like to subscribe. Address the message to firstname.lastname@example.org and leave the "Subject" field blank.
- Clear the message body of all text, including your signature. Set the message to plain text formatting (should be under message formatting options, depending on your email client). Type the following into the message body:
- Click "Send" to send the message to ListServ. Your subscription is now active, and you will receive the next issue of the Tech Update when it is published.
To unsubscribe from the Tech Update at any time, email the following command to ListServ (using the same method as above) from the email account subscribed to the list:
NOTE: ALL commands emailed to ListServ MUST be in plain text, not HTML. Otherwise, the command will likely error.
If you have any questions or concerns about your subscription to or unsubscription from the Tech Update, please contact the Mailing List team.