Enroll Teaching Assistants
At this time, anyone who is enrolled in a course in Drexel Learn as an Instructor has the ability to add additional Instructors, Teaching Assistants and Course Builders. In order to access this functionality, you can do the following:
- From inside the course, click on Course Tools under the Control Panel
- Click on the Manage Users link
- Click on the Add Users by Role link
- Enter one or more usernames in the Username(s) box
- You only need to enter the username, i.e. abc123, not firstname.lastname@example.org
- Separate multiple usernames with commas
- Select a role from the Course Role list
- Click Submit
That will add the selected user(s) with the selected roles to your course. If you have a number of enrollments that you need to do across multiple courses, you can still send those to the Online Learning Team. To expedite those requests we have a request template CSV file that you can download and fill out to request your TA enrollments. The instructor of record from Banner must make the request to add a TA to a course. The three different roles that can be granted in Learn are as follows:
- Instructor (P) - This role allows a user full access to a course to perform any action. The user is also listed as an Instructor in the course.
- Teaching Assistant (T) - This role has the same permissions as an Instructor but is not listed as an Instructor in the course.
- Course Builder (B) - This role allows a user to add, edit or delete content. They cannot perform any grading tasks.
Please follow the directions below in order to have your enrollments processed as quickly as possible:
- All requests should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com
- On the request CSV file specify the following information, having only one entry per row (see CSV for example):
- CRN - The CRN is the 5 digit number that uniquely identifies a section in a given term. This information can be found in Banner via DrexelOne.
- Term - The Term is the 6 digit number that uniquely identifies the term. For a list of upcoming terms, please see the bottom of this page.
- Username - This is the username for the person who you need to enroll. These are typically the person's initials followed by a number. For example, mfs28.
- Role - This is the permissions that the user should have in the particular course. Use T for Teaching Assistant, B for Course Builder or P for Instructor.
- Your contact information.
If you have any questions, please send them to the Online Learning Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current and Upcoming Term Codes
If you are unsure of what term code to use, you can find a list of some of the current and upcoming terms below:
- Winter Quarter 2012-13 - 201225
- Spring Quarter 2012-13 - 201235
- Summer Quarter 2012-13 - 201245
- Spring Semester 2012-13 - 201231
- Summer Semester 2012-13 - 201241