May 13, 2013
This event will help to prepare participants for leadership roles in the community and in their future professions. The workshop will provide participants with knowledge of leadership research, so they can develop the skills necessary to be effective leaders in a variety of settings. In particular, the event will focus on explaining how to most effectively motivate followers by discussing theories of motivation. In addition, two leadership styles will be discussed and compared: transactional leadership and transformational leadership. The knowledge gained through this event will allow participants to enhance their leadership skills and improve their effectiveness as leaders.
Some questions for discussion during our session:
- What is leadership?
- How does a leader get power?
- As a leader, how do you most effectively motivate your followers?
- What is the difference between transactional leadership and transformational leadership?
The event will include group discussions of leadership and motivation and a role-playing activity. You will leave the session with a clearer understanding of how to lead others..
- Date: Monday, May 5, 2014
- Time: 3–4 p.m.
- Location: MacAlister 2019, 3250-60 Chestnut Street Philadelphia PA 19104
- Presenter: Dr. Mary Mawritz, Assistant Professor, LeBow College of Business, Drexel University.
Refreshments will be served. Promotional materials will be distributed to all students that attend the event.
Compare and contrast transactional and transformational leadership styles. Please incorporate the definition of the Leadership DSLP in your answer.
Please email your response to firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner will be announced at the end of the month.