Policy and Procedures
Drexel University & Drexel University College of Medicine
Office of Institutional Advancement
Policies and Procedures for Processing Philanthropic Gifts
All contributions received by all personnel of Drexel University or individuals working as volunteers in the name of Drexel University must be coordinated through the Office of Institutional Advancement. A gift is any philanthropic donation for which the donor receives no benefit in exchange. If the gift is restricted, the donor specifies the purpose for which the gift is given and gives instructions for its use. Or, the donor may not specify a purpose in which case the gift is unrestricted.
To maintain centralized reporting, receipting and donor stewardship, ALL contributions must be processed as follows and accompanied by the supporting documentation listed below. Questions about the documentation should be directed to Reginald Battles at 215.895.2619 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proposal or correspondence(s) that led to the gift, if applicable.
- Award letter or pledge agreement from the donor stating how the donation should be used. For multi-year pledges, the term of the pledge is required.
- Cost Center to be credited. If a new account is being requested, include a copy of the Cost Center request form with appropriate signatures. For more information, consult the Comptroller’s website at http://www.drexel.edu/depts/compt/index.html.
- The check.
- The gift’s envelope.
- Departmental contact name, number and email.
- Gifts being made to any Drexel University school or department located on the University City campus must be sent to the Drexel Gift Lockbox at:
Lockbox # 8215, P.O. Box 8215, Philadelphia, PA 19101-9684
- Gifts being made to College of Nursing and Health Professions, Dornsife School of Public Health or any other Drexel University school not located on the University City Main Campus also must be sent to the Drexel Gift Lockbox at Lockbox # 8215, P.O. Box 8215, Philadelphia, PA 19101-9684
- Gifts being made to College of Medicine Center City Campus, Queen Lane Campus or Institute for Women’s Health and Leadership must be sent to the PHEC Gift Lockbox at: Lockbox # 8235, P.O. Box 8235, Philadelphia, PA 19101-8235
For any questions about processing contributions received, including stock or wire transfer gifts to our account UBS Financial Services, please contact Reginald Battles at 215.895.2619 or write him at email@example.com.
Complete information on Drexel University’s Gift Solicitation and Acceptance Procedure can be found here.
Drexel University will not sell, trade or share a donor's personal information with anyone else, nor will we send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. Unless the donor has requested anonymity, a donor's name may be shared in print publications recognizing donors for their generosity and the annual Philanthropy Journal. No other personal information regarding a donor will be made public by Drexel University unless the donor has given specific permission to do so.