January 28, 2015
Brick and Mortar is a restaurant and tavern opening in the Loft District in Philadelphia this February. We are seeking intelligent and driven students to assist in areas of production, preparation and service.
January 26, 2015
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION (NON-PAID)
Title: GPLSC/PHLCVB Intern Division/Department: Life Science Congress
Reports to: LSC Executive Director FLSA Status: Not Applicable
Salary Grade: Not Applicable Last Revision Date: May 9, 2014
This internship with the Greater Philadelphia Life Sciences Congress (LSC) provides support services to the Executive Director of the Life Sciences Congress and its Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as an assistant to the LSC Coordinator
• Perform industry research as assigned
• Assist in maintaining a web based database
• Work closely with the LSC Coordinator and the PHLCVB Communications Department to maintain
LSC web page
• Assist in identifying new opportunities for life sciences convention and meetings
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Hospitality or some Business major field of study required
• Strong communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Creativity and Flexibility
• Initiative and Drive
• Organized and manages time well
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Must be a team player
• Ability to travel to sites around the city
• Commitment to PCVB mission to promote Philadelphia as a world-class center for life sciences meetings, conventions and businesses.
• Self-motivated, proactive problem solver
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to use Microsoft Office applications to design and structure reports
• Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to interact with staff, volunteers, board members, corporate officials, professionals in government, academia and the non-profit sector.
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Knowledge of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, iDSS) a plus
Current enrollment in a four-year college/university or graduate program, with two years previously completed. All positions are unpaid; however you must be completing this internship for college credit. Interns will receive great experience and access to the vast network of PHLCVB contacts.
PROJECTS MAY INCLUDE:
• Attend activities hosted by PHLLife/PHLCVB
• Participate at activities hosted by PHLLife/PHLCVB
• Job shadow department assigned to learn how the department functions in PHLLife/PHLCVB
• Review websites to find travel information
• Participates in research projects
• Assisting with event production
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This internship description is not intended to be all inclusive. You will perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor(s). The administration reserves the right to change or revise the internship duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Damali N. Stansbury
Convention Sales Coordinator
Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau
1601 Market Street | Suite 200 | Philadelphia, PA 19103Damali@discoverPHL.com
| p 215-636-3475 | f 267-479-6375
January 23, 2015
Caesars Entertainment has opportunities for internships at Bally’s, Caesars and Harrah’s casino hotels in Atlantic City for the Summer 2015.
These internships take place from 6/1/15 to approximately 8/6/15.
Hospitality Juniors and Seniors with a GPA of 3.0 or more, however we do consider Sophomores and Freshmen.
The students will need to keep in mind the following:
• Interested students must apply before February 20th to www.caesars.com
– Find Careers and search the New Jersey properties and click on Harrah’s to view the Student Internship postings. Apply as directed.
• Phone interviews will take place between 2/23/15 and 2/27/15.
• Group interviews (in Atlantic City) will be on 3/14/15 (students will arrive the night before).
Appropriate business attire required for interviews and internship.
January 22, 2015
We are a bake shoppe located in South Philly that specializes in nostalgic offerings. Our exciting bake shoppe is looking for our Yoda to guide our great and talented staff.
Organize production of all retail, wholesale, commissary, and catering departments.
Bakery Staff Management and Leadership.
Prepare/Produce seasonal, holiday and specialty items.
Knowledge of ingredients and baking formulations.
Keen attention to detail & customer requests.
Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Managing clean up and organizing work stations.
Other duties as requested.
Production Management 2yrs
Pastry Chef 2yrs
Serve Safe Certification
January 20, 2015
Are you looking for a part-time job with a company that is fun, stable and growing? Advanced Hospitality Systems (AHS) is the regional distributor of Aloha POS Systems by NCR. We install our solutions into every aspect of the hospitality industry.
We have junior sales positions available in the Philadelphia area for motivated, confident, and extroverted individuals. You will be responsible for prospecting, collecting business intelligence and delivering brochures to restaurants in the region.
Successful individuals have the opportunity to become full time sales representatives for the NCR Aloha product line.
Salary: Compensation plan is a base salary, plus commission.
Email resume to Dave.Kaz@AdvancedHospitality.com
City Harvest (CH) is a dynamic food production initiative that connects institutions around the city, community gardeners, entrepreneurial growers,food cupboards and other local outlets to increase the volume of fresh produce
in low wealth communities. The City Harvest Coordinator will work directly with community gardeners and entrepreneurial growers around the city to build their capacity. With direction from the City Harvest Specialist, the Coordinator will manage the City Harvest garden at the Philadelphia Prisons
• Coordinates the City Harvest greenhouse and production garden at the Philadelphia Prison System to yield seedlings and produce for donation
• Leads training workshops on propagation for Roots to Re-Entry participants at Philadelphia Prisons
• Assists with delivering training workshops on organic systems management
• Assists with greenhouse propagation at Green Resource Centers
• Assists with large-scale distribution days
• Assists with garden infrastructure projects and supply deliveries
• Plans, prepares and implements volunteer workdays at participating gardens
• Anticipates necessary project materials and oversees purchases in accordance to budget
• Assists with managing of expense account, maintenance of project reports, collection of produce logs, work hour logs, and other data collection
• Assists with care and maintenance of tractor and other equipment
• Participates in PHS events throughout the year including PHeaSt and the Philadelphia International Flower Show
• Helps to enlist new and retain existing donors by sharing the benefits of PHS membership with partners, advisors, program participants and others with
whom you meet in carrying out your work
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in biology, agriculture, food production or a related field
• Minimum two full years (through 3 seasons) of experience in intensive, organic vegetable production, organic seedling production and greenhouse management
• Working knowledge of urban horticulture
• Ability to operate and maintain BCS tiller and knowledge of small farm tools and machinery preferred
• Experience in organic systems management record keeping preferred
• Experience teaching about nutrition and/or cooking with fresh vegetables preferred
• Effective facilitation, community organizing and training skills for diverse groups
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office and Internet)
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills across constituencies including team members, program participants, and city agencies
• Outstanding organization skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities in a timely and reliable manner
• Work independently and collaboratively under variable conditions including early mornings, weekends, and inclement weather
• Valid driver’s license and a clean, safe driving record
• Ability to lift and move 50 lbs comfortably
• Strong written and spoken Spanish or Southeast Asian language skills a plus
• All offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of the PPS criminal record check and finger printing procedures
Please send a cover letter, salary expectations and resume to:
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
c/o Human Resources
100 N. 20th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103
January 20, 2015
The Ausable Club is a 125+ year old private club located in the heart of the High Peaks Region of the Adirondack Mountains in northern New York. Located in the hamlet of St. Huberts, the club is approximately 15 minutes from Lake Placid, home of the 1932 & 1980 Winter Olympic Games; 2 hours from Albany, Montreal and Burlington (VT) and 1 hour from Plattsburgh. The club is open to members from late May to mid-October.
The club recruits and hires from many culinary and hospitality university/college programs to fill its seasonal employment needs. We operate a full service clubhouse that includes guest rooms, restaurant (full kitchen and separate pastry operation), bar and catering operation. The Ausable Club also operates a golf course, tennis courts, lawn bowling and access to some of the premier hiking opportunities in the U.S. The club also offers its members two private lakes that are located in our private forest preserve.
Seasonal employees are provided free housing, shift meals, uniforms, golf/tennis, hiking, end-of-season celebration, holiday bonus eligibility and much more.
January 20, 2015
Loews Philadelphia Hotel has several Front Desk Agent positions open and they just posted a Director of Revenue Management position. If you know qualified candidates looking for a job, please share this email and the online posting link that is provided below.
January 20, 2015
Private club in greater Philadelphia area is seeking a creative committed Chef de Cuisine to lead and oversee its expanding restaurant kitchen and banquet operations, and ensure food planning, preparation and delivery are managed to standards and practices of excellence. This club offers food, beverage and recreation services to over 1,000 members, private party groups and facility rental clients.
Chef will manage kitchen personnel and coordinate all related culinary activities; estimate food consumption, requisition or purchase food; select and develop menus and recipes; standardize production to ensure consistent quality; establish presentation technique and quality standards; ensure proper equipment operation and maintenance; and ensure proper safety and sanitation. This working Chef plans and oversees special banquet and catering events, and directly supervises kitchen staff with responsibility for hiring, training,disciplining, reviewing and recognizing. Reports to the Club Manager.
Minimum four years culinary work history with supervisory and kitchen experience in catering and/or banquet operations preferred; Experience and skill with food preparation, purchasing, inventory and cost control, menu and recipe development, pricing, supplier relations and budgeting; Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; Proficiency with computations, computer systems, Internet, e-mail and productivity tools; Strong work ethic, responsibility, drive to excel, organizational capacity.
Education and Credentials:
Associate’s degree or higher in a culinary or hospitality-related field, and CSC or CCC Certification from the American Culinary Federation (ACF), are preferred.
Apply in confidence with cover letter and resume (no phone calls) to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Club Chef” in the subject field.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Martius Group, LLC
d.b.a. The Cooking Commons®
Engaging Experiences That Transform Lives www.martiusgroup.com
January 5, 2015
Unilever Food Solutions, the foodservice arm of Unilever, is looking for a principal food labeling and compliance specialist to generate and approve food label information including ingredient declarations, nutrition facts panels, and claims to assure labels meet US and Canadian regulations. This position requires someone who can manage several projects at once while working across all functions (marketing, R&D, regulatory, culinary and quality) and communicates on matters relating to product labeling and compliance for Unilever Food Solutions.
The ideal candidate will be have several years of food labeling/regulatory experience with a finished-goods food company, be an independent worker as well as collaborative, be a self-starter, with a strong sense of responsibility and accountability, proficient in a variety of labeling databases (e.g. provision, interspec) and a good communicator (verbally and in writing). We are looking for it all—and we are a company (Unilever) with a reputation as a leader in nutrition and sustainability. This Food Labeling & Compliance role is critical within the company. It is a role that helps address regulatory issues pertaining to food labeling that arise on the food service business (gluten-free labeling, PHVO, caramel colors, on-pack claims). Minimum 6+ years related experience. This job reports to the R&D Manager of Nutrition, Technical Insights & Compliance. As a recognized leader in nutrition and sustainability, Unilever has been on top of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for 15 years. In foodservice, Unilever Food Solutions’ iconic brands include Knorr sauces, bases, gravies and soups, Lipton teas and Hellmann’s mayonnaise and salad dressings. Unilever offers excellent health-care benefits and many perks, including a 401K program and flexible work environment.
Key responsibilities include the following:
1. Develop accurate food labeling information for finished goods including allergen, nutrition, and ingredient statements that comply with FDA and USDA and CFIA regulations, and Unilever standards.
2. Keep abreast of labeling regulations to ensure label compliance for the US and Canadian food businesses.
3. Participate on cross functional project teams, providing technical guidance around labeling requirements. Ensure Unilever policies and procedures are applied to labels.
4. Manage specific projects as they relate to ensuring accurate product labels and product formulas that comply with US and Canadian governments (e.g. 4MEI caramels, removal of Partially Hydrogenated Oils, Label deviation).
January 5 , 2015
The Twisted Tail is seeking an experienced Executive Chef to continue leading a kitchen at a fast paced Philadelphia restaurant.
Candidates must have formal culinary training and at least 5 years experience in a Sous or Exec position. A successful applicant will be working one on one with the owner to develop business, cultivate ideas and strive to move the company forward through increased lines of business and new projects.
- Maintain high quality of menu items
- Create specialty menus and seasonal changes to the menu
- Ability to teach and effectively lead BOH operations
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and food safety to comply with city regulations
- Weekly Ordering & Inventory
- Responsibility for both BOH labor costs and food costs
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen
- Must posses strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Ability to physically perform duties and sustain long hours
- Emphasis on meat production/ butchering a plus
- Problem solving and high organizational skills
- Competitive salary package
- Paid vacation
- Creative work environment
- Potential for growth with the company
The Twisted Tail
509 S 2nd Street,
Philadelphia, Pa 19147
January 5, 2015
Camp Nashoba North, a coeducational residential camp located in southern Maine has opportunties for culinary students to work in the camp's professional kitchen serving 300 campers and staffers on a daily basis.
This is a spectacular opportunity for students to work in a team in a beautiful and fun camp setting.
January 5, 2015
Baseball Info Solutions (BIS) opened its doors back in 2002 and has been on the leading edge of the advanced statistical study of baseball ever since. The company’s mission is to provide the most accurate, in-depth, timely professional baseball data, including cutting-edge research and
analysis, striving to educate major league teams and the public about baseball analytics.
BIS employs a staff of expert baseball scouts and an army of highly trained video scouts who conduct several passes of each game, recording everything from basic box score data to times and locations of balls in play, pitch types and locations, defensive shifts, and much more.
The company’s analysts and programmers dissect data, producing a variety of predictive studies and analytics, including, for example, Defensive Runs Saved. Defensive Runs Saved estimates the number of runs a defender saves or costs his teams because of his ability to convert balls in
play into outs, defend bunts, turn double plays, prevent baserunner advancements, and several other factors. A couple of the more recent advancements are Strike Zone Plus/Minus—which measures the number of extra strikes drawn because of the framing tendencies of catchers, pitchers, batters, and umpires—and Stolen Base Red Light/Green Light—which predicts baserunner success rates on stolen bases against various pitcher-catcher combinations, even if they have never faced each other.
Baseball Info Solutions was co-founded by John Dewan, who has been a leader in baseball analytics for more than 25 years. From his first partnership with Bill James as the Executive Director of Project Scoresheet to co-founding STATS, Inc. and his 15-year tenure as CEO, John
has continually broken new ground in sports data and analytics. Through products and publications such as The Bill James Handbook and The Fielding Bible, John, Bill, and BIS have continued that tradition to this day.
BIS is looking for highly motivated individuals with a desire to work in the baseball industry. Video Scouts will have a chance to make an immediate impression on the company. Each Video Scout will be collecting data that is directly used by BIS clients (including major league front offices) for advance scouting and evaluation purposes. Not only will the Video Scouts become more familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of hundreds of amateur and professional
players, but they will also learn about the ins and outs of the baseball statistics industry.
Former Video Scouts have risen rapidly through Major League front offices after getting their start watching two to three games per day at BIS. In the words of one former Video Scout and current Vice President of Baseball Operations, “My summer at BIS was the best baseball
experience of my life.” Major League teams frequently come to us for recommendations when they need to fill a position within their organization, and our top video scouts each year routinely land team internships and/or full-time jobs.
Score and pitch chart MLB, MiLB and amateur games using specialized computer software
Check the accuracy and validity of data
Prepare and analyze statistical data for delivery to customers
Assist with the production of the 2016 Bill James Handbook
Provide administrative support to the full-time staff
Demonstrated knowledge of baseball and baseball scorekeeping
Ability to identify and differentiate between pitch types
Computer proficiency and the ability to quickly learn new software
High attention to detail
High school or college baseball playing experience is preferred but not necessary
Must be able to work nights and weekends
Must be able to work out of our Coplay, PA office
Enrolled in or graduated from an accredited college or university
Position Time frame:
We are looking for new Video Scouts to start March 16th. The internship will extend
for an initial term of around five to six months from the start date with a possibility to
extend further based on the Video Scout’s performance.
A base hourly rate of $7.25 and/or college course credit will be offered to each Video
An additional bonus of up to $10 per game will be awarded for quality work.
Anyone interested in the position should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
. No phone calls please.
December 19, 2014
Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats is seeking an Off-Centered Chef to join the ranks of our top notch Brewpub leadership group in sunny Rehoboth Beach, DE. Reporting to the Executive Chef, you will be responsible for all day-to-day back of house operations to include driving an awesome coworker experience, exceeding guest expectations, ensuring quality, consistency and safety in our food program, and creating a kitchen environment where teaching and learning is paramount. The ideal candidate will be fluent in safety and sanitation, helping to create policies and procedures to elevate standards and ensure compliance. The Chef will understand and cherish the Dogfish experience and aim to infuse off-centeredness into our cuisine by collaborating with the Executive Chef on menu concept and design. As a leader of the Dogfish management team, you will be called upon to embrace and expand what we do awesome and rethink and change what has room to improve. This role is not for the meek or mild, you must be one who thrives in an environment of change and can in turn sell it to your people. You’ll also play an active role in the communities in which we’re members, to include our Rehoboth Beach home, craft beer worlds and foodie enthusiast groups alike. You’ll be a part of it all!
The successful candidate will be an experienced chef with a minimum of 6-8 years progressive back of house management experience. Restaurant experience gained in an established brewpub setting is also a gigantic plus for the right candidate! Been there done that experience in a high volume/high output establishment is a high must! At Dogfish we carefully select managers based on the three-legged stool of people leadership, technical excellence and fit within our incredible off-centered culture. We’re looking for a dynamic individual who rocks a passion for this industry, our amazing eats and off-centered ales and lives to bring this passion to life for others. Our restaurant is open seven days a week, year-round, for both lunch and dinner and employs a seasonally fluctuating team of 60-100+ coworkers.
Sous Chef Posting
Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats is seeking an Off-Centered Sous Chef to join the ranks of our top notch Brewpub in sunny Rehoboth Beach, DE. Reporting to the Chef, you will be responsible for assisting in all day-to-day back of house operations to include driving an awesome coworker experience, exceeding guest expectations, ensuring quality, consistency and safety in our food program, and creating a kitchen environment where teaching and learning is paramount. You will be called upon to ensure a seamless transition of our delectable eats from our culinary team to our service team. The ideal candidate will be fluent in safety and sanitation, helping to enforce policies and procedures to elevate standards and ensure compliance. The Sous Chef will understand and cherish the Dogfish experience and aim to infuse off-centeredness into our cuisine by collaborating with the culinary leadership on menu concept and design. This role is not for the meek or mild, you must be one who thrives in an environment of change and can in turn sell it to your people.
The successful candidate will be an experienced chef with a minimum of 5-7 years progressive back of house management experience. Restaurant experience gained in an established brewpub setting is also a gigantic plus for the right candidate! Been there done that experience in a high volume/high output establishment is a high must! At Dogfish we carefully select managers based on the three-legged stool of people leadership, technical excellence and fit within our incredible off-centered culture. We’re looking for a dynamic individual who rocks a passion for this industry, our amazing eats and off-centered ales and lives to bring this passion to life for others. Our restaurant is open seven days a week, year-round, for both lunch and dinner and employs a seasonally fluctuating team of 60-100+ coworkers.
Do you think you’ve got the stuff?
If so, please send your resume, including cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience and education, and our benefits package is top notch. Proud to be EOE.
December 11, 2014
The Mainland Inn located in the Northern suburbs of Philadelphia opening this fall seeks a Chef de Partie to join our team. The restaurant seats 100 guests in the dining area and 40 in the bar and will be open Tuesday through Saturday for dinner. Our goal is to provide our guests with a unique dining experience that highlights the farm as well our local farming community. The cuisine will be product driven, emphasizing technique as well as the environmental and nutritional impact of the product we serve.
The successful candidate will have at least two years of of line cook experience in a fine dining kitchen, a strong sense of responsibility, and a desire to progress in their career. Candidates should also have an interest in the local sustainable food movement. The primary responsibilities for this position are to organize execute the meat or fish station, work with junior staff, and assist the executive chef and sous chef in ordering, menu development, and quality control.
The successful candidate will have at least two years of of line cook or sous chef experience in a product driven dining environment, a strong sense of responsibility, and a desire to progress in their career.
To apply, please send us a your resume along with a cover letter.
17 Mainland Road
Harleysville, PA email@example.com
December 16, 2014
a restaurant group in the Philadelphia with a state of the art bakery from which they supply their own multi-branded restaurants and catering company as well as wholesale accounts is looking to grow the business and in order to do so, they are looking for a strong Head Baker. The ideal candidate will be a talented baker (of both breads and pastries) as well as a true businessperson, someone strong in managing the business and training and developing their people.
December 9 , 2014
Cattail Creek is a private country club located in Western Howard County Maryland. The club has a beautiful 18-hole golf course, 7 Har-tru tennis courts, and a fitness center. The club’s food & beverage operation oversees and encompasses a standard restaurant, a pool cafe, 200+ hosted special social
functions for the membership, approximately 15 charitable golf outings, and many private events hosted by individuals. The club has roughly 600 members. Cattail Creek is known for being family-friendly, having excellent junior programs, and for having a very packed social calendar of events.
• Manage a staff of 45 that includes servers, bartenders, back-servers, bussers, hosts, pool café
managers & attendants, beverage cart, and refreshment room attendants.
• Assume an active role in the hiring, training, coaching, and disciplining of above-mentioned frontof-
• Develop and enforce effective staff training, incentive, and motivational programs that also foster
productive mentoring relationships with them.
• Commit to creating a continuous teaching environment that focuses on staff timeliness,
productivity, proper food service etiquette, uniform & cleanliness standards.
Restaurant & Operational Responsibilities
• Effectively communicate with the chef and sous chef through the duration of meal services.
• Manage the online reservation system to monitor projected attendance in the restaurant and at
• Oversee standard restaurant lunch & dinner services, special club functions, and private events.
• Interact and communicate with the membership to ensure they have had an enjoyable experience.
• Assist in the set-up and break-down of special events buffets, stations, and tables.
• Make regular trips around the clubhouse to ensure staff is on-task and that the clubhouse has a
well maintained appearance.
• Develop, implement and execute new ideas, methods and procedures to enhance the Member
experience (dining or social).
• Complete proper opening and closing of Clubhouse including staff service meetings, assigning
side-work, education of daily specials.
• Master member interaction (fielding compliments, complaints, insight, suggestions and taking
• Stay true to the Cattail mission statement.
Managerial Business Duties
• Rotate attending monthly House Committee Meetings with other F&B managers.
• Conduct month-end inventories of beverage and snack products.
• Maintain lunch, dinner, dessert, wine menus and proper POS programming.
• Take initiative to become involved in club event planning, promotions, and related
• Place focus on increasing restaurant and special event attendance, revenues, and satisfaction levels.
• 2-year associates degree minimum, 4-year bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 1 - 3 years of F&B supervisory experience.
• Working knowledge of the set-up end of POS systems in an a la carte restaurant.
• 2-year associates degree minimum, 4-year bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 1 - 3 years of F&B supervisory experience.
• Working knowledge of the set-up end of POS systems in an a la carte restaurant.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word & Publisher).
• Strong written & verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional organizational practices and multi-tasking abilities.
• An understanding and passion for delivering high-level customer service.
• Commensurate with experience and education, expected to be $36-38k range.
• Additional benefits include meals, health insurance, personal days, paid vacation time after one
year of service, 401k
• The selected candidate will enjoy a work environment that focuses on shared responsibilities, a
team-approach to management, and cross-training.
The position is immediately available.
Resumes will be accepted through the end of December or until a hire is made.
Submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Dining Room Manager Matthew Ault – firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
November 6, 2014
Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge is currently looking for motivated team members looking to gain hotel service experience.
We would like to offer you a unique opportunity: rotating positions that allow you to gain experience as a room attendant, laundry attendant, housekeeping supervisor, and front desk agent. Positions run from May through September. If you have an adventurous spirit and a passion for service excellence, we would love to meet you. Apply today and begin your Alaska journey! This is a great opportunity to see Denali National Park and Mt. McKinley, catch a king salmon, see a bear, or try gold panning in a glacier river.
Visit www.alaskatourjobs.com to apply.
Questions? Email Carissa Mills at email@example.com
November 6, 2014
The Sheraton University City is seeking a Guest Service Agent focused on providing efficient service and creating memorable experiences by making emotional connections with all of our guests. Provide friendly and efficient registration and guest service needs for all guests, while providing the highest level of guest satisfaction. Handle all reports and paperwork accurately and in compliance with all requirements established regarding cash and check handling, posting transactions, credit cards, deposits, adjustments, corrections, transfers and shift balancing.
It is a full time position including benefits and 401k plan.
This is the ideal position for someone who has a passion for guest service, values problem resolution and enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
Experience with Lightspeed or Galaxy PMS is a plus but not required.
Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and professional manner is a must.
Ability to communicate information effectively verbally and in writing.
Must be able to stand and walk continuously throughout work shift.
Must have developed English language skills to be able to participate in discussions, read and write effectively.
Director of Human Resources
Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel
t — 215 387 8000, ext. 600 f — 215 349-6312
philadelphiasheraton.com | like us on facebook
November 6, 2014
A restaurant group in Philadelphia with multiple concepts is in need of an Assistant Baker for their state of the art bakery in King of Prussia. The successful candidate will be strong in bread, bagels, and rolls with an interest in growing with a growing company. This is an overnight position.
October 1, 2014
Day by Day is looking for a chef to work on catering jobs one to two nights a week minimum, and potentially more often.
September 30, 2014
Ancillae Assumpta Academy is a private, Catholic school located 30 minutes outside of Philadelphia in Glenside, PA is seeking 2 full time employees in their food service department.
The Ancillae lunch program which consists of a main entree, sandwich bar, special sandwich of the day, salad bar, yogurt and fruit bar and dessert. We make 90% of the food in house and are a nut free facility.
The positions are full time, Monday through Friday, 8AM-3PM, school holidays and summers off.
September 8, 2014
High Street Hospitality Group is hiring pastry cooks for High Street on Market and a.Kitchen.