Hospitality and Tourism Spring Lecture Series
March 31, 2014
The Center for Hospitality and Sport Management will be presenting the Hospitality and Tourism Lecture Series featuring prominent executives in the gaming and hospitality industry to discuss important topics and new developments in the industry. The lectures will be held at 11am each Thursday of the spring term beginning on April 10 with Kim Butler, Director of Communications at Casino Reinvestment Development Authority of Atlantic City and concluding on May 29 with Steve Callender, General Manager of the Tropicana Resort Atlantic City.
The lecture series was organized by Bob Ambrose, a former Atlantic City gaming executive, and an instructor of hospitality and gaming in the Center for Hospitality and Sport Management.
“The lecture series promotes a sharing of knowledge in the true spirit of the Drexel “best practice” concepts;-presented by a variety of talented members of the hospitality industry,” said Ambrose. “This is a unique learning opportunity that comes directly from the people that hold the job titles! The experts will communicate experiences, theories, ideas, and facts to students as well as respond to questions.”
The events will be held in the Academic Bistro on the 6th Floor of the Paul Peck Problem Solving and Research Building located at 101 N. 33rd St. The lectures will be available live via webcast at http://goodwincollege.adobeconnect.com/hsmguest/
For more information on the lecture series or to register to attend, please contact Bob Ambrose at email@example.com
Lecture Series Schedule:
- April 10 - Kim Butler, Director of Communications at Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA) Atlantic City
- April 17 - Robert Stewart, Director of Slot Operations at Tropicana Casino & Resort
- April 24 - Sherry Amos, Principal at Sherry Amos and Associates Marketing
- May 1 - David Gentile, CEO Protocol Security Partners
- May 8 - Don Kneisel, Vice President of Information Technology & Marketing Analysis at Resorts Atlantic City
- May 15 - C. Stephen Keener, Assistant Vice President Casino Operations at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino and Janie Libby, Vice President Human Resources at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino & Dover Motorsports, Inc
- May 22 - Les Bender, Executive Chef at Trump Plaza Atlantic City
- May 29 – Steve Callender, General Manager at Tropicana Resorts Atlantic City