Spring Dinner and Event Series
April 3, 2014
The Center for Hospitality and Sport Management will be presenting the Spring Dinner and Event Series featuring renowned chefs, authors, farms, beverage companies and purveyors. The dinner series was planned to showcase and acknowledge several of the center’s collaborators, sponsors and partners. The first dinner event, Women in the Hospitality Industry Dinner featuring chefs Tia McDonald (Vetri Foundation) and Barbie Marshall (Green Meadow Farm) and sommelier Megan Storm (The Artisan's Cellar) will be held on April 16. The series concludes on May 28 with A Culinary Experience with Jim Burke, former chef/owner of James. The Center will also be hosting additional lectures and culinary demonstrations from renowned authors and chefs.
Each event will be held in the Academic Bistro on the 6th floor of the Paul Peck Problem Solving and Research Building located at 101 N. 33rd Street. Meals for these events are prepared by Drexel Culinary Arts students in Chef Mike Traud’s a la carte cuisine class with service by Drexel Hospitality Management students in Prof. Paul O’Neill’s Fine Dining class.
The menus will feature local and seasonal ingredients and may not be available until a week prior to the event as many will be collaboratively developed with the students and chefs based on the best available ingredients. Reservations will be required all dinners with a limited number of seats available.
To make a reservation, please visit: www.goodwin.drexel.edu/bistroevents
(Please note that not all events have been posted)
- April 16 - Women in the Hospitality Industry Dinner with chefs Tia McDonald (Vetri Foundation), Barbie Marshall (Green Meadow Farm) and sommelier Megan Storm (The Artisan’s Cellar)
- April 23 – Birchrun Hills Farm Benefit Dinner with Chef and Drexel Culinary Alumnus Nick Macri of Border Springs Lam Farm, Sue Miller of Birchrun Hills Farm and Drexel Alumna Mary Grace Hodge of Flying Fish Brewery
- May 14 – Pennsylvania Dutch Cuisine Dinner with Drexel Adjunct Professor William Woys Weaver, PhD and Chef Steven Eckerd (Little Fish)
- May 28 - A Culinary Experience with Jim Burke, former chef/owner of James
Lectures and Demonstrations:
- April 21 – New York’s Experimental Cuisine Collective with Chef Shola Olunloyo of Studio Kitchen
- May 12 – Lecture and Book Signing with Dr. Simone Cinotto, University of Gastronomic Sciences, author of The Italian American Table: Food, Family and Community in New York City