Master of Science in Food Science
The Master of Science in Food Science offers students numerous opportunities for hands-on, real-world careers in applied science and technology. Food science is a growing industry, both regionally and nationally, and demand for food scientists and technologists is on the rise. Potential employers include food product manufacturers, along with other companies providing services related to institutional feeding or supplying ingredients, processing equipment, and packaging materials.
Food scientists are needed in the areas of:
- Food Quality Assessment and Management
- Food Processing and Engineering
- Food Product Research and Development
- Marketing and Distribution
- Technical Sales and Support