Master of Science in Food Science
The MS in Food Science offers students numerous opportunities for hands-on, real-world careers in applied science and technology. Potential employers include food product manufacturers, along with other companies providing services related to institutional feeding or supplying ingredients, processing equipment, and packaging materials. Technical and administrative positions are also available in various government agencies and with independent testing laboratories.
Food scientists are needed in the areas of:
- Food quality assessment and management
- Food processing and engineering
- Food product research and development
- Marketing and distribution
- Technical sales and support