Removal of Property from the University
Policy Number: SVP-SLAS-1
Effective Date: May 1, 2005
Responsible Officer: Vice President of Human Resources
The purpose of the property pass policy is to protect the property of Drexel University and personal employee property from theft or vandalism by requiring that certain procedures be followed when removing property from the premises.
It is the policy of Drexel University that the on-site Security Department will monitor, through the use of property passes, the flow of unassigned property into and out of the premises. The removal and return of assigned property is the responsibility of the department head to whom the employee utilizing the property reports.
- Non Drexel University employees who temporarily need to remove Drexel University property (i.e., vendor removing equipment for service or repair) must obtain a property pass from the Department head of the equipment owner Department.
- Drexel University employees who wish to remove property that is to be discarded must acquire a property pass from their Director/Department Head.
- If the employee is purchasing a piece of equipment from the Drexel University , the financial details are to have been arranged in advance through The Department of Facilities Management or Purchasing Department.
- Drexel University employees who wish to remove personal property that has been kept in a Drexel University or hospital office or building must acquire a property pass from their Director/Department head who can verify that the property is, in fact, the employee's.
- Equipment assigned to a particular employee for use during his/her tenure at Drexel University does not need to be checked in and out by Security provided such equipment is carried in a briefcase or equipment-specific carrying case. Equipment of this nature is to be returned to Drexel University in the event of employee termination.
- Top white sheet of property pass should be given to bearer of property. Second yellow copy should be kept by the Security Officer once the Officer signs out the property when the bearer is leaving the facility. Bottom pink copy should be retained by the department. Bearer should present the original white copy to the department upon return of equipment (if applicable). Third pink copy should then be sent to security by the owner department once equipment is verified as being returned in acceptable condition.