Policy Number: HR-60
Effective Date: July 2002
Revisions: June 2002, July 2000
Responsible Officer: Senior Vice President of Student Life & Administrative Services
This policy was established to communicate the philosophy the University has adopted regarding its pay practices.
The University's compensation program is designed to achieve the following goals:
- Ensure fair and consistent pay practices
- Comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations
- Operate within the constraints of the University's budgetary process and financial resources
- Ensure administrative efficiency
- Allow the University to offer competitive salaries relative to the labor markets in which the University recruits
The University generally recruits in the local and regional labor markets to fill nonexempt positions and in the regional and national labor market to fill exempt positions. While pay practices reflect local living costs, they are competitive with pay practices in the relevant labor markets.
Inquiries regarding this policy can be directed to the Human Resources Department.