Home Purchase Assistance Program
The Assistance Program was established to encourage and support home ownership within defined borders of the Drexel University City campus community. The program offers a forgivable loan to benefit eligible full- and part-time Drexel University faculty and professional staff toward the purchase or renovation of homes within defined borders.
Prior to initiating any contracts or commitments, the faculty or professional staff member must schedule an appointment with Althea Wallace, Director of Programs & Events (firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-895-2582) to discuss and confirm eligibility.
Assistance Program booklet [PDF]
Drexel 2015 Fall Homeownership Vendor Fair - Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Homeownership Program Reviews
Select a thumbnail below to hear what Drexel faculty and professional staff are saying about the Home Purchase Assistance Program.
Home Maintenance Checklist
In the fall:
- Clear gutters of debris before the weather changes
- Inspect your roof
- Have your chimney cleaned and inspected, if you didn't do it in the spring
- Check for leaks and drafts, and repair them
- Get your furnace inspected and repaired
- Install storm windows
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Change the batteries in them, if necessary
3 Benefits of Maintaining Your Home
- Prevent costly repairs. Home repairs can be expensive if they're not caught in time. Maintaining your home can help you find and correct potential problems before they take a chunk out of your wallet.
- Keep your home and its systems humming. Staying on top of home maintenance ensures that your home and its systems work well when you need them.
- Improve salability of the home. Most buyers want a home that's been well taken care of, and will pay closer to list price for it.
Home Ownership Resources: West Philly Tool Library
The West Philly Tool Library is a a lending library of over 3,000 tools to be used for home maintenance, gardening, building furniture and other projects. See additional details on the program flyer. All members of the Drexel community are eligible to participate.