For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Tuition Remission FAQs

Where can I find my University ID number?

All employees are given a University ID number when activating computer accounts.  If you are unsure of your University ID, please visit

Do I have to submit a Tuition Remission application every semester/quarter?

No.  Tuition Remission Applications are completed once every academic year.

Can I use Social Security numbers in place of employee and student University ID numbers?

To protect your personal information, we do not accept Social Security numbers and ask that you use University ID numbers.

I am concerned about my sensitive and private tax information being submitted in the proof of dependency. Is there any way around this?

Employees are encouraged to darken out financial information and Social Security numbers, as Human Resources is only concerned with verifying dependency.

Who is eligible for Graduate Tuition Remission?

Only full-time benefit eligible employees may take Graduate courses under the Tuition Remission benefit.  Please view Section V: Drexel Tuition Benefit in the Tuition Remission Policy for additional information.

I submitted my application but have not heard anything. Should I be worried?

Average turnaround time for tuition remission processing is one (1) week.  The annual electronic tuition bill can be viewed under the Student tab within DrexelOne, where you can confirm tuition remission processing.

What is and is not taxable?

Undergraduate Tuition Remission is not taxable.  The terms of Graduate Taxability can be found on the Payroll website.  Additional questions should be directed to a tax specialist.

Why do I have to submit so much information for Tuition Remission to verify dependency?

The University reserves the right to verify pertinent information for all benefit eligibility. This verification is needed to ensure the benefit is being used as intended.