Affordable Care Act (ACA)
What is the ACA?
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), commonly called the Affordable Care Act (ACA), is a United States federal statute signed into law on March 23, 2010. The goal of the ACA is to make health care more affordable, accessible and of a higher quality. This includes those who were previously uninsured, and those who had insurance that didn’t provide them adequate coverage and security.
How Am I Impacted?
In accordance with the PPACA, Drexel will determine an employee’s eligibility for medical, dental and vision benefits based on average hours worked. To be eligible for these benefits, an employee must work, on average, 30 hours or more per week over the previous 12 months. Please note that part-time and full-time benefits eligible employees are not impacted by the PPACA.
If you decide to participate in any of the available Drexel benefits, your coverage will generally remain effective for a 12 month period, regardless of the amount of hours worked, subject to certain rules. For the next 12 month period, (and thereafter as long as you remain employed by Drexel) your hours of service will be reviewed to determine your eligibility. Please note that Drexel will advise you of your benefit eligibility for all future benefit periods.
- If you don't enroll or waive medical coverage by the deadline you will not be able to enroll.
- If you wish to decline coverage, please log in and select “Waive coverage”
- If you elect to enroll in Medical, Dental and Vision, plan premium coupons will be sent to you by Conexis. All premium payments must be made to Conexis. Please contact the Conexis Customer Service Center, at 1-866-206-5751, with any questions concerning billing.
- If you have a qualifying event, such as marriage or divorce, birth or adoption, you have 31 days from your life event to make a change.
- If you have any questions or need assistance with enrolling or waiving coverage, please contact the Drexel Benefits Service Center at 1-888-971-0101.
Informational Videos for Affordable Care Act