The Video Production
Manager is responsible for the creation of compelling high-quality video and
multi-media content, from conception/design phase through final
production/distribution, which supports institutional
messaging and highlights the profile of Drexel University as a leading
comprehensive research university with a unique experiential learning program
and a global impact. This position requires an energetic, creative individual who will
seek to 'push the envelope' in terms of envisioning and creating innovative,
high-quality content to reach a wide range of audiences. The right candidate
must be self-motivated and able to work independently and knowledgeable of
current trends in the industry.
The Video Production Manager is part of the marketing team and reports
directly to the Executive Director of Marketing in the Office of
University Communications. He/she will work closely with the University
Communications team and members of the University’s senior leadership. All University
Communications team members collaborate closely with the Senior Vice President
and Associate Vice President for University Communications.
Qualifications: Required Experience:
• Experience creating commercial video content as a producer, editor, videographer. Agency, design studio, or film production house preferred.
• High level of proficiency with professional audio and video creation, animation, production, graphics, and multimedia software including Apple Final Cut X, Adobe CS including After Effects
• Experience running small video shoots using lighting, sound and camera equipment
• Portfolio demonstrating exceptional visual storytelling skill, commercial purpose, high polish and professionalism, breadth of skills
• Clearly defined and well-articulated production process
• Fluency with digital video distribution strategies and tools including compression, hosting, streaming, YouTube
• Script production skills a plus
• Storyboarding skills to communicate clear, concise, and compelling concepts.
• Experience with Sony XDCAM EX cameras
• Familiarity with digital photography
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a faced pace environment and meet deadlines
• Willingness to work some evenings and possibly weekends on rare occasions
• Assist in the creation of a wide range of video assignments to support University messages to students, faculty and staff, parents, employers, news media and more.
• Assist in the creation of a wide range of video assignments to support marketing goals as needed
• Infuse all aspects of storytelling, from concept to field production and post-production, throughout work
• Assist with the strategic implementation, delivery and distribution of video assets to social media platforms — with a primary emphasis on supporting editorial team with creation of social media-ready short video with text overlay
• Demonstrate strong skills in organization and time management and ability to work in a fast-paced creative production environment
• Secure appropriate licensing rights for use of music or other intellectual property
• Schedule subjects to be filmed, scout locations, identify and set up appropriate equipment
• Manage the University’s YouTube channel and contribute to other social media accounts
• Use variety of lighting, sound and camera equipment for outbound and inbound communications
• Assist with Art Directing still photography and advanced photo editing
• Archiving media assets
• Strong skill set in motion graphics creation using Adobe After Effects is a plus
A link to an online portfolio/reel is required to be considered for this position.
Department: University Communications
Number of Positions: 1