Dragon Drive is the annual workplace giving campaign for Drexel University faculty and professional staff, including the College of Medicine and The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University. During the month of October, faculty and professional staff can conveniently make tax deductible contributions to support the AIDS Fund, American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, Bread & Roses Community Fund, Delaware Valley Legacy Fund, EarthShare Pennsylvania, United Way California Capital Region, United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey and Women's Way.
2014 Dragon Drive Donation Progress: $158,500
Together We Make a Difference
How can I contribute to one of the spotlight organizations without using the Annual Package?
Select Custom Package and enter the code number for the spotlight organization.
||AIDS Fund (The)/From All Walks of Life
||American Cancer Society, Commonwealth Division, Inc., Southeast Region
||American Heart Association of SEPA
||Bread and Roses Community Fund
||Delaware Valley Legacy Fund
||United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
||Academy of Natural Sciences
||Drexel University College of Medicine
||Eleventh Street Family Health Services
What if I want to support a specific United Way agency/charitable organization?
All you need to do is enter that agency's code or name on the online Dragon Drive Contribution Form. The online form provides a link to a list of charitable organizations supported through United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey and United Way Sacramento. The full agency listings are also available for reference: Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey; Sacramento.
How can I make my contribution to the Dragon Drive?
The easiest way to give generously is to sign up for a payroll deduction by using the online Dragon Drive Contribution Form.
What are the payment options for my contribution and when do they go into effect?
- Payroll Deduction: Payroll deductions begin in the new calendar year. If you sign up for a payroll deduction contribution during the Dragon Drive in October 2013, your deductions will start in January 2014. The annual donation for monthly paid faculty and professional staff will be divided into 12 payments and the annual donation for bi-weekly paid professional staff will be divided into 26 payments.
- Credit Card payment: Credit card contributions are charged immediately.
- Check/Cash Payment: Check/cash contributions are collected during the Dragon Drive; all checks will be cashed once received by the organization. You may send your check/cash and a copy of your verification page (Step 5 in the online contribution form) to your Dragon Drive Captain or directly to Taba Wilcox in Human Resources at 3201 Arch St, Suite 430.
- Annual Package: If you selected the Annual Package, make your check payable to Drexel University Dragon Drive.
- Custom Package: If you are contributing to one of the spotlight organizations, make your check payable to the spotlight organization (AIDS Fund, American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, Bread & Roses Fund, Delaware Valley Legacy Fund, EarthShare Pennsylvania, Women's Way). If you are contribution to an organization under United Way, make your check payable to United Way, noting the specific organization in the memo. A separate check must be submitted for each agency.
Will my contribution through payroll deduction be taken out of my paycheck pre- or post-tax?
Your contribution will be taken out of your paycheck post-tax.
DRAGON DRIVE COMMITTEE
Althea Wallace, Director, HR Programs & Events, 215-895-2582
Keyanah Jones, HR Consultant, 215-895-1316
Danielle Kaczinski, Sr. Consultant, Talent Acquisition, 215-895-1652
Justin Monteforte, Consultant, Compensation, 215-895-1708
Lindsay Snyder, Manager, HR Systems & Projects, 215-895-2776
Taba Wilcox, Associate Consultant, 215-895-1651