Academy of Natural Sciences Orientation Fair
The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University Orientation Fair will be held on Friday, June 1st from 11:00am - 2:00pm in the Ewell Sale Stewart Library Reading Room.
Representatives from the following departments will be available to answer your questions and ensure a smooth transition.
- Human Resources (Benefits, HRIS, Learning & Development, and Programs & Events)
- Information Resources & Technology (IRT)
- Business Services
- Healthier U
- University Communications
If you are unable to attend the Orientation Fair, information has been provided below for each of the attending departments.
The Recreation Center is committed to providing a lasting and meaningful impact on the health and well-being of its members. The center serves as a symbol of Drexel University's commitment to the health of the community—both in body and mind. Cognizant of the importance of wellness and an active lifestyle, this 240,000 sq. ft. health and recreational complex promotes and encourages personal fitness, and lifelong health through diverse program offerings, including, but not limited to group exercise, personal training, massage therapy, nutrition programs, aquatics, rock climbing, and free equipment rentals.
To learn more about the Drexel Recreation Center and employee membership options and rates, visit our website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Drexel Business Services is responsible for the campus marketplace portfolio, including Campus Dining, University Housing, Retail Management, Bookstores, DragonCard and DragonDollars, Event & Conference Services, Parking Services, Printing and Mailing Services, Student Unions, and Vending.
The DragonCard is the official University ID card for students, faculty, and staff and provides access to many buildings and services on the Drexel University campuses.
The DragonCard team will be onsite for employees to pick up their identification cards. A valid photo driver’s license, passport, or state-issued photo ID is required to be presented to the DragonCard representative in order to receive a DragonCard.
For more information on all that Drexel Business Services provides, including more information on the DragonCard, please visit the Drexel Business Services website or email email@example.com.
A Healthier U is an award-winning University-wide wellness program aimed at improving the physical, emotional and financial well-being of all students, faculty and staff.
A Healthier U offers the members of the Drexel community the opportunity to positively impact the lives of themselves and their families by leveraging the many quality services and resources available to achieve optimum health. A Healthier U is increasingly integrating healthy behaviors into our University culture to help healthy individuals stay healthy, and provide those with health risks the resources they need to reduce their chances of chronic illness or serious medical conditions in the future.
Healthier U website
Healthier U on Facebook
Join our mailing list to stay up-to-date with events and activities.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Drexel Human Resources offers comprehensive, competitive benefits to eligible professional staff members and their eligible dependents. From healthcare to holidays, our aim is to help professional staff enjoy happy and healthy lifestyles, while maintaining a good work-life balance.
A full list of offered benefits is available on the Human Resources website.
Please email Kristin McCarthy at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Human Resources Information Systems
Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) maintains employment records within the University's information systems, administers position budgets, and supports the online tools connected to the information system, including the following:
- OrgPlus: All employees have access to the University's basic org chart, which includes information on chains-of-command and employee contact information. For more information about using OrgPlus, read the Quick Reference Guide [PDF] or the Complete OrgPlus Guide [PDF].
- Performance Management System: Performance evaluations are completed for professional staff using the online performance management system, accessible through DrexelOne.
- Log in to DrexelOne
- Select the Employees tab
- Select More BannerWeb Employee Services
- Select Performance Management
Please contact Lindsay Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-895-2776 if you have any questions.
Learning & Development
The Human Resources Learning & Development (L&D) team offers professional development opportunities to all Drexel employees, including in-person workshops, online learning and custom facilitated learning events. Find out what learning opportunities are available by visiting Career Pathway, accessible through DrexelOne:
- Log into DrexelOne
- Select the Employees tab
- Select Career Pathway under the Development and Certifications header
L&D invites Academy of Natural Sciences employees to share their expertise with the Drexel community with our new "Learning Hour" series of one-hour, interactive talks on topics of general interest. If you're interested in speaking at an upcoming Learning Hour, contact Valerie Williams at email@example.com.
Visit the L&D section of the HR website for more information about the learning and development consulting services that L&D offers.
Programs & Events
Throughout the year, Drexel Human Resources offers a variety of special awards, programs, and other events aimed at recognizing our employees and giving back to the community. A sampling of the programs and events include:
- President's Awards: This prestigious award is the highest honor any University professional staff member can receive. It is given annually to individuals and teams whose work has made major changes at the University.
- Inspire a Child to Dream Day: Inspire a Child to Dream Day is held annually on the University City campus. The event coincides each year with National Take Your Daughter/Son to Work Day in April.
- Employee Appreciation Fest: The Employee Appreciation Fest takes place each year in the beginning of September. Employees are treated to food, fun, games, and prizes.
- Dragon Drive: Through the Dragon Drive, our annual charity drive, Drexel employees can support a range of local non-profit organizations with a tax-deductible donation that can be automatically deducted from their paychecks. To add to the spirit of the Dragon Drive, local vendors donate prizes that are raffled off to employees who sign up to give during the drive.
A full list of Human Resources events can be found on the Programs and Events page. Please email Althea Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Information Resources & Technology (IRT)
The Office of Information Resources and Technology provides central IT services and enterprise system management and support.
Please visit the Contact Directory if you have any questions.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit [PDF]
- Review Payroll Basics – Academy of Natural Sciences
- Review the Online Instructions that cover:
- Pay Stubs and Employee Information
- Web*Time Entry or Exempt Leave Reporting
- Web*Time Approvals and Exempt Leave Approvals (Supervisors Only)
- Review your payroll information in DrexelOne
- Address Information: Are your Employee Home and Work Location addresses correct?
- Job Information
- From the Employee Main Menu, click on “Current and Past Jobs”
- Direct Deposit Setup: Are your Routing Number(s), Account Number(s) and deposit amounts correct?
- Federal Tax Withholding Setup: Are your Marital Status, Number of Exemptions and Additional Amount (if any) correct? Have per-pay amounts been converted for your new pay cycle?
- Submit your time sheets and leave reports by the deadline
- Payroll schedules and deadlines
- First hourly timesheets are due in Web*Time Entry on July 6, 2012
- First salaried leave reports are due in Exempt Leave Reporting on July 31, 2012
Please contact Payroll at email@example.com or 215-895-1648 if any of your information is incorrect or if you have any questions.
The Office of University Communications coordinates marketing and communications at Drexel, working with stakeholders across the University. The office ensures that all Drexel communications serve the University's mission and goals and adhere to Drexel policy and standards.
The Office of University Communications is comprised of the following:
News Media Relations
University Communications helps build Drexel's positive image by highlighting University achievements, communicating important messages, and connecting journalists to Drexel experts. The bureau is the point of contact for print, broadcast and online media outlets reporting on the University.
The Publications staff provides strategic, editorial and design support to University stakeholders who want to create effective print communications. The office's publications include DrexelNow, a website and email newsletter featuring news and events, Drexel Magazine, the University's alumni magazine, and Drexel Quarterly, a print publication for faculty and staff.
Advertising and Marketing
University Communications ensures that marketing of Drexel programs and services produces outstanding results and advances the University's national brand. The strategic communications and marketing staff provide advertising creative services, leveraging Drexel's combined ad buying power.
The Drexel website is a vital communication channel, and University Communications oversees the core site as well as providing support and establishing guidelines for the wide array of academic and administrative sites comprising Drexel's Web presence.
Drexel University embraces social media as it enables the university to share what is happening on campus with the world, but more importantly hear directly and immediately from students, faculty, professional staff, parents, fans and friends.
The Office of University Communications maintains the university's presence on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and YouTube.