Reinstatement Policies and Procedures
For students seeking readmission to the Honors Program
- Students dismissed from the Honors Program due to a cumulative GPA below the required 3.2 minimum must earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 in order to be eligible for reinstatement.
- Students must wait until their cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher is visible on their Drexel transcript before completing and submitting the Reinstatement Request Form. Forms submitted before the student’s GPA reads 3.3 or higher will not be accepted.
- Students must meet with the Honors Reinstatement Committee in order to be considered for reinstatement into the Honors Program.
- The Reinstatement Committee will be made up of a select group of Drexel University administrators including, but not limited to, the Honors Program staff and advisors. This committee will be selected by the Director of the Honors Program.
- Students who have been dismissed from the Honors Program due to earning a cumulative GPA below the required 3.2 minimum, behavior not befitting an Honors student, and/or failure to complete an Honors course (worth 3 or more credits) by the end of the summer term of their sophomore or 2nd year are eligible for reinstatement.
- Juniors and Seniors are not eligible for reinstatement into the Honors Program.
- Students are permitted to petition for reinstatement one (1) time only. Students who have been dismissed, then reinstated, then dismissed again are not eligible for reinstatement into the Honors Program.
- Complete Honors Reinstatement form.
- Submit the form to the Honors main office (5016 MacAlister Hall).
- You will receive an email within 7 business days regarding your committee meeting date, time, and location.
- You must attend this committee meeting. Meetings will be rescheduled only one (1) time and only for emergency cases supported by a letter, doctor’s note, or other proof of emergency deemed acceptable by the reinstatement committee.
- After meeting with the reinstatement committee, you will be excused from the meeting; the committee then will discuss your case and determine a final decision with regards to your reinstatement into the Honors Program.
- You will receive an email within 5 business days indicating the decision of the reinstatement committee and your status in the Honors Program. All decisions are final. Students are not permitted to reapply for reinstatement once the final decision has been made.