Drexel EarthFest – Tuesday, April 17, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
EarthFest celebrates the University's commitment to environmental sustainability. This block party-style celebration will be held along Lancaster Walk with food, fun, games and giveaways on Tuesday, April 17, 2018. Members of the University community and participating vendors are invited to participate by providing information, games, activities or giveaways for raffles.
If you have questions, you may contact Brittany Gondos, firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.895.1539, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The rain date for this event will be Wednesday, April 18.
Drexel Earth Week Instagram Photo Challenge
April 16 – April 22, 2018
How do you live sustainably? Do you see sustainability in action around campus? Drexel Green invites you to show us your interpretations of sustainability by posting your pictures to Instagram with the tag #DrexelEarthWeek for a chance to win a prize from a local vendor.
The contest is subject to the Official Rules set forth below and begins at 8 a.m. ET on Monday, April 16, 2018. Submissions will be accepted through 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 22, 2018. In order for your entry to be submitted and reviewed by our judges, all entries must be:
- Posted publicly to Instagram between the dates and times listed above and labeled with the hashtag, #DrexelEarthWeek
- Acceptable to general audiences
- Represent the theme of Earth Week/sustainability
- Include Drexel pride or location
The Drexel Earth Day Planning Committee will review all submissions to select five (5) winners based on the most creative interpretations and aesthetically pleasing depictions of sustainability (not by the number of "likes"). Winners will be chosen on April 23, 2018, and announced by direct contact to the winners' Instagram account. Winners will be asked to provide their name, title (student/faculty/staff/alumni), phone number and email address so their identity can be verified and the prize can be awarded.
The winning photographs will be featured on the Drexel University official Instagram account and the Drexel Green website (drexel.edu/earthweek) the week after Earth Day.
- In order to enter, the Entrant must be a Drexel University student in good standing, faculty member, staff member or alumnus over 18 years of age.
- By entering, the Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules of the Contest.
- The Contest entry submission must include the hashtag #DrexelEarthWeek.
- Any one Entrant may submit an unlimited number of entries but is only eligible for one prize.
- Earth Day Planning Committee members are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Entries must conform to the Photo Requirements set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- By entering, Entrant agrees that the photo submission and their name may be posted by Drexel for viewing by the general public as authorized by Drexel and/or its designees.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, administered or associated with Instagram, Inc.
- Theme: Image must represent the theme of "Earth Week" and/or "sustainability" in some way, and must contain some reference to Drexel University, whether it be the location of the photo, person/people featured in the photo, or other representation of Drexel pride. Entrants are invited to interpret these themes creatively.
- Integrity: Photos must be 100% original (i.e. not copied from any other source in whole or in part) and cannot contain copyrighted or trademarked material. Photos must have been solely taken and edited by the Entrant(s). Photos must be posted within the Contest timeframe but need not have been taken during that timeframe. Photos cannot include lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, or otherwise inappropriate or objectionable material, as determined by Drexel in its sole discretion.
- Final Decision: Drexel reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any submission that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of the Official Rules. The decisions of Drexel on this and all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding.
If for any reason, any aspect of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Drexel reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest and reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine the winner. In the event that the Contest is cancelled for any reason, a notice of cancellation will be posted at: drexel.edu/earthweek. Drexel further reserves the right to terminate the Contest if, in Drexel sole good faith judgment, Drexel determines that not enough suitable entries have been submitted.
The Contest winners will be notified via Instagram and will be asked to provide their name, title (student/faculty/staff/alumni), email and phone number in order to receive their prize. Winners will receive a gift voucher for a local eatery (and bragging rights!). All prizes are non-transferable. The winning Entrant shall not be entitled to nor will the winning Entrant receive any other compensation with respect to the winning photo.
Please contact Brittany at email@example.com with any questions about this contest.
Additional Earth Week Activities