Academics and Research
Education is one of the core principles of Drexel Green, and the goal of sustainability is woven into the fabric of academic life at the University. Drexel provides many formal and informal learning opportunities on climate disruption and sustainability, including specific degree programs, concentrations and research programs.
Academic Majors In Environmental Studies
- BS, MS, PhD - Environmental Engineering
- MPH - Environmental Health
- MS, PhD - Environmental Policy
- BS, MS, PhD - Environmental Science
- BS - Environmental Studies
- BA – International Area Studies with a concentration in Global Science, Sustainability and Health
Sustainability-Themed Interdisciplinary Minors
- Sustainability in the Built Environment
- Interdisciplinary Smart Initiatives
Please reference the Drexel University Catalog for the latest information about programs and courses related to sustainability and the environment.
Drexel University Research Programs Supporting the Environment and Sustainability
- Drexel's affiliation with the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University, with its Center for Environmental Policy, broadens the possibilities for green learning even further.
- AJ Drexel Institute for Energy and the Environment (IExE) - Drexel University formed the AJ Drexel Institute for Energy and the Environment (IExE) to conduct research and scholarly activities that advance energy policies, systems, and technologies in the rapidly changing energy landscape of the 21st century. Serving as thought leaders, IExE faculty and students are committed to shaping a sustainable energy future for the benefit of current and future generations the world over. Born out of the ongoing energy renaissance, the IExE brings together individuals from the public sector, academia, industry and the environmental community, ensuring that all facets of multi-dimensional energy opportunities and challenges are explored.
- Department of Biodiversity, Earth & Environmental Science - In the Department of Biodiversity, Earth and Environmental Science (BEES), faculty and students study the fundamental processes of natural science and the complex problems facing the environment in order to lead in the environmental stewardship of our planet.
- Department of Civil, Architectural & Environmental Engineering – Comprised of a highly diverse group of students, staff and faculty who conduct theoretical, laboratory and field investigations, and are engaged in practice and research to provide better and more sustainable infrastructure for society.
- Drexel Smart House - a student-led, multidisciplinary project to construct an urban home to serve as a "living laboratory" for exploring cutting edge design and technology.
To learn more about academic opportunities at Drexel please visit the Office of the Provost website.