Graduate Student Orientation
Welcome to Drexel University! The Graduate College along with the current graduate students, faculty and professional staff of Drexel are thrilled to have you join us for your graduate education. The Graduate College hosts a series of orientation events each year in the fall including welcome receptions, information sessions and resource fairs to help you prepare for your graduate studies, acclimate to the graduate community, and learn more about the academic, social and cultural resources available to you at Drexel.
Graduate Student Orientation 2018
It all starts right here, right now. Please see the important information below to assist you in transitioning to a graduate-level program at Drexel. This year's graduate student orientation dates are as follows:
- Center City Graduate Student Orientation (For graduate students enrolled in College of Nursing and Health Professions [CNHP] ONLY) – Friday, September 14, 2018, Check-In 10:30AM, Programming 11:00AM - 2:00PM in Geary Lobby & Geary B Auditorium, New College Building (245 N 15th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102), Lunch provided
- MANDATORY Workshop for International Graduate Students (International graduate students ONLY, hosted by International Students and Scholars Services [ISSS]) – Monday, September 17, 2018, 9:00AM - 11:00AM in Main Auditorium, Main Building (3141 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104)
- University-Wide Graduate Student Orientation (All graduate quarter programs) – Monday, September 17, 2018, Check-In 10:30 AM, Programming 11:00AM - 1:00PM in Great Court & Main Auditorium, Main Building (3141 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104), Lunch provided
More detailed schedules and program coming soon.
Orientation Dress Code: Casual
While orientation is not mandatory, except for the required workshop for international graduate students, these programs will acquaint you with Drexel’s policies, procedures and resources to help you begin your graduate education. Orientation also provides you with an opportunity to meet your student peers and our graduate faculty and professional staff.
RSVP for Graduate Student Orientation by downloading the DrexelOne mobile app. The complete schedule will be available around Labor Day, September 4, 2018.
Please also check with your assigned graduate academic advisor for additional orientation programs at the departmental level.
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and Professional Studies Orientation 2018
- New Student Orientation - Thursday, August 16, 2018 & Friday, August 17, 2018
- International Student Orientation - Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - Friday, August 17, 2018
Please monitor your email for details and sign-up instructions. Please also consult our Orientation Information for New Students page.
Current Drexel Graduate Students: Volunteer to help out at this year's Graduate Student Orientation by filling out the survey form linked below. Thank you!
Volunteer to Help Out at Orientation
Welcome Week 2018
Welcome Week provides you with hundreds (yes, hundreds!) of events and activities to choose from, to help you find your home here at Drexel. You will have the chance to meet current student, faculty and professional staff during the week-long orientation, as well as learn the ins and outs of Drexel and the city of Philadelphia. Welcome Week takes place each year in September prior to the first week of fall quarter classes. For more information about Welcome Week and for a schedule of events, visit the website.
You can create your personalized Welcome Week schedule by downloading the DrexelOne mobile app. The complete schedule will be available around Labor Day, September 4, 2018.
Getting Started - New Student Resources
Here are some important steps to help you get started with your graduate education at Drexel:
- Set up your Drexel student accounts and email
- Submit a photo for your DragonCard student ID
- Register for Graduate Student Orientation and Welcome Week events by downloading the DrexelOne mobile app
- Consult your graduate academic advisor for department-level orientation programs and opportunities for assistantships and fellowships
- Review important information for international graduate students via International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS)
- Review your Health Insurance & Immunizations requirements
- Doctoral students will full-time assistantships/fellowships (teaching, research, etc.) should also review the Health Insurance Subsidy page and consult with your department advisor
- Consult with Drexel Central, your one-stop shop for managing student finances and registration
- Bookmark Drexel's Academic Calendar and check it quarterly for important dates and deadlines
- Review the Drexel Student Handbook & Code of Conduct, in addition to the Graduate College, Provost's Office and your college/school/department academic policies and procedures
- Review academic assistance and support resources available to graduate students, including general resources offered through the Learning Alliance
- Review campus maps and directions
- Explore how to get around, parking and our free Drexel Shuttle Bus schedule and routes
- Explore graduate housing or off-campus housing options
- Review campus safety and security information and save emergency numbers in your phone
- Explore Drexel Student Life including student organizations, activities, counseling and health, cultural and religious and veteran resources
- Review information available through the Office of Equality and Diversity, including disability resources, policies, training and education and more
- Read stories written by current and former Drexel students about their experience on and off campus and around the world
- Explore the City of Philadelphia and VisitPhilly.com
- More resources for graduate students
We are here to assist you. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We also invite you to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn using #DrexelGradLife.
Welcome to our graduate community! We look forward to seeing you this fall!