Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- A Master's degree with a major in nursing from a regionally accredited program with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a scale of 4.0. Please note: Applicants must have an MSN degree to apply.
- A copy of your current, unrestricted United States RN license or eligibility for licensure as a registered nurse. License verification from your nursing license registry website are acceptable. Applicants must have a current RN license in the state of Pennsylvania. In addition, students are required to have a RN Nursing License for the state in which the clinical practicum rotations are being completed.
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended. Instead of hard copy transcripts, you may supply official electronic transcripts issued by a post-secondary institution directly to Drexel University Online. You must supply transcripts regardless of the number of credits earned or the type of school you attended. If you do not list all post-secondary institutions on your application and these are listed on transcripts received from other institutions, processing of your application will be delayed until you have submitted the remaining transcripts. Click here to use our Transcript Look-up Tool to assist you in contacting your previous institutions. If you attended a Diploma School of Nursing and the school was affiliated with a college/university, the official transcript must be submitted from the college for any non-nursing courses for which you received credit.
- Curriculum vitae and/or resume.
- Two professional letters of recommendation (from either a previous or immediate supervisor and/or a former nursing faculty member who can attest to the applicant's clinical knowledge, skill and potential aptitude for graduate study). References will not be accepted from colleagues or family members. Drexel University Online now accepts electronic letters of recommendation. Click here for instructions regarding their submission. If a recommender prefers to submit an original, hard copy letter of recommendation, please remind the recommender that it must be signed and submitted in a sealed envelope signed across the flap by the recommender.
- A personal essay (under 1,000 words) emphasizing your professional goals.
- Prospective Student Documentation of Clinical Hours Completed in Population Foci Form (Downloadable PDF)
- A personal interview may be required (online or telephone options will be available)