To apply to Drexel you must submit the following items:
1. The Application – Remember to carefully review and print a copy of each section. You will not be able to view or print your application after you submit it.
Your responses to the following items may be copied and pasted into the appropriate section of the online application or mailed to the Office of Biomedical Graduate Studies:
- What type of honors did you receive while in college (including honorary societies)?
- Briefly describe any pertinent research activities.
- Give titles of theses or papers of which you are author or co-author. For those published, list journal citations.
- Provide a one-page statement regarding your current interest in the field in which you wish to pursue graduate study and your future professional goals. You may also include any further information you think would be helpful in considering your application.
2. Transcripts [PDF] – Request each of the colleges or universities you attended to forward official transcripts of your scholastic record to you.
3. Recommendations [PDF] – Three recommendations are required. The applicant completes the top part of each recommendation and delivers it to the recommenders. The recommender is requested to complete the lower part of the form, seal the completed form in an envelope, and sign the sealed envelope across the flap. The sealed recommendation envelope should be returned to the applicant, who will submit the unopened recommendation along with other supporting materials to the Office of Biomedical Graduate Studies. The recommender may also send the completed recommendation directly to the Office of Biomedical Graduate Studies.
4. Admission Examination – Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are required. Satisfactory scores on the Medical College Admission Test can be accepted in lieu of GRE scores for admission into the MD/PhD program. International applicants must demonstrate their comprehension of the English Language by submitting results on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
5. Application Fee – An application fee of $75 U.S. dollars is required. Please pay online or mail a check or money order for $75 ($35 for Evening Post-baccalaureate Pre-medical Preparatory program) made out to Drexel University. If paying by check or money order, send your payment to the address listed below.
Mail all supplemental materials to:
Division of Biomedical Science Programs
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and Professional Studies
2900 W. Queen Lane, Suite G24
Philadelphia, PA 19129