3 in 30 Learn at Lunch Webinars
Stay current in your industry, or discover trends in a new one! The 3 in 30 Learn at Lunch webinar series will teach you three takeaways in 30 minutes, all in the span of a lunch break. These webinars are designed for professionals who want to learn about career pathways as well as current and future industry trends in the workforce.
Each free webinar features a presentation on industry trends, workplace skills and techniques, and more, hosted by Goodwin College personnel and subject matter experts from our Continuing Professional Education programs.
Can't make it? Sign up for an upcoming webinar to receive a link to view the archive once it's over.
Each Learn at Lunch webinar takes place at 12 p.m. and lasts for approximately 30 minutes.
Whether working with stakeholders internal or external to your organization, possessing customer-centric sales and enterprise development skills has become a requirement for career advancement. This transformative webinar will give you the tools needed to turn traditional sales and development discussions into opportunity-rich conversations that yield results and lasting impact.
This webinar in professional sales will provide valuable insights for managers, supervisors, sales reps, business development professionals, entrepreneurs, and more.
You will learn how to:
- Win deals without closing
- Engage in structured, decision-driven conversations focused on serving the best interests of your clients
- Get your clients to commit to a “yes” or “no” decision (No more being left in sales purgatory!)
- Have your calls and emails returned in a timely fashion
- Increase profitability and revenue for your organization
In the Greater Philadelphia area, employers have already created 25,000 new tech jobs since the early 2000s—equivalent to 25% of all net job growth during that span. Over the next ten years, our region could see 26,000–44,000 job openings in IT, between new jobs and replacement openings as workers retire. (Economy League of Philadelphia, May 2017).
- Where are you on the IT continuum?
- Do you know how to enter or stay in the IT industry?
- Can you identify personal skill gaps?
In this webinar, you will learn:
- 3 key strategies to be marketable, employable, and relevant in the technology sector
- Key skills you need to succeed in technology
- Career pathways in IT: What is meant by "middle skills careers"?
- How Goodwin College of Professional Studies is responding to workforce skill gaps
Have you ever made an important business decision based on feelings versus fact? What was the end result?
Regardless of the outcome, professionals who interpret and apply data make more effective business decisions compared to those who don’t. Data-centered organizations also exhibit higher productivity than those which are not data-centered.
The informational webinar, “3 Reasons to Use Data Analytics to Make Sound Business Decisions” will provide the business rationale for using data analytics as a way to improve the quality of business decisions.
Dr. Bay Arinze, Professor of Decision Sciences & MIS, LeBow College of Business, will share data analytics insights, use cases and best practices and answer questions from the audience.
What You Will Learn:
- What data analytics is and how it can lead to improved organizational decision making
- How learning data analytics can upskill your career
- How to use data analytics to make sound, strategic business decisions
- Features and benefits of the data analytics tool, Tableau
Project Management is the discipline of initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria. The demand for skilled project management professionals is expected to increase exponentially in the next five years. Lean Six Sigma principles are used by world-class companies to make processes more efficient and improve the quality of their products and services.
What is the relationship between the two methodologies? Both can be used to drive better project results….especially when they are used together!
In this webinar, Tim Young, PMP and MBB, will discuss how to use project management and six sigma tools to make projects more efficient while simultaneously improving quality.
What You Will Learn:
- Fundamental concepts of Six Sigma and Project Management
- The Project Management and Six Sigma roadmaps
- How (and why) to blend continuous improvement with project management tools
- Goodwin College Project Management and Six Sigma course overview