The Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program is the Smithsonian Institution’s centrally-funded flagship fellowship program. SI Fellowships are awarded annually to scholars wishing to conduct independent study or research at one or more of the Smithsonian’s 19 units and research centers.
Smithsonian Institution Fellows conduct independent study and research related to SI collections, experts, or facilities in cooperation with at least one Smithsonian advisor. The Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program is administered through the Smithsonian Office of Fellowships and Internships (OFI) and is open to graduate students, predoctoral students, postdoctoral researchers and senior researchers.
Fields of Study:
- Arts and Creative Fields
- Business and Law
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Professional Opportunity
- US Citizen
- US National or Permanent Resident
- Citizen of another country
- Varies from 10 weeks up to 24 months
- Varies from $7,000 for ten weeks to $48,000/per year, with additional research allowance of $4,000-5,000