The Fund for Education Abroad awards are intended to support students planning to participate in high-quality, rigorous year or semester long education abroad programs. The financial support for these scholarships is provided by generous donors, who are committed to increasing study abroad opportunities for dedicated students.
In addition to the general Fund for Education Abroad scholarships, FEA offers several dedicated scholarships. See the FEA website for more details and to apply.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. (as of May 2015, we welcome applications from DACA students)
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a college or university in the U.S.
- Study abroad program must be eligible for credit at the student’s educational institution
- Study abroad program must include at least 4 weeks (30 days) in country/countries
Last updated: December 2015
- Academically rigorous and immersive study abroad program
- Study of the host country language (if not English)
- Study abroad program with a sustainable service-learning / volunteering component
- Non-traditional destination
- Student demonstrates financial need
- FEA strongly encourages students to apply who represent a group that is traditionally underrepresented in education abroad.
Fields of Study:
- Arts and Creative Fields
- Business and Law
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Asia & Pacific
- North America
- South America
- US Citizen
- US National or Permanent Resident