Drexel Fellowships Office
- Schedule an appointment by emailing us at email@example.com! We are also available to review your essay drafts and give feedback via email or in-person.
- Come to our office at 109 Disque Hall, where we have a number of books and resources on writing available for you to look through on site.
- We also have a database of sample essays. Login with your Drexel abc123 and password.
Drexel Writing Center
Online Documents and Books
- Writing Personal Statements Online, Joe Schall
- “Tips for Preparing an Effective Personal Statement,” from the Truman Foundation
- They Say, I Say: The Moves that Matter in Academic Writing, Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein (Norton: New York) 2006.
- Revising Prose, Richard Lanham (Longman: New York) 2007.
- On Writing Well, William Zinsser (Harper and Row: New York) 2006.
- Graduate Admission Essays: What Works, What Doesn't and Why, Donald Asher, Ten Speed Press
- Rules for Writers, Diana Hacker (Bedford, St. Martins: New York) 2004. (General handbook)