Volunteer or Work-Study Positions
Undergraduates, Post Baccalaureate, Graduate Students
We are currently hiring undergraduate, post baccalaureate, and graduate level volunteers for part-time research assistantships to assist with applied research in suicide screening, treatment, and prevention:
Interested in gaining hands-on experience in the field of clinical psychology? The Center for Family Intervention Science (CFIS) at Drexel University is currently looking for part-time research assistants to help with data collection on a large randomized controlled trial comparing two therapies for adolescent suicidality and depression. You will have the opportunity to work closely with depressed teens and their families, including opportunities to administer clinical assessments. You will also have opportunities to participate in research-related activities, such as attending meetings, conducting literature searches, and assisting with grant submissions and manuscript preparation. You will also build relationships with professionals in the field in preparation for graduate school or future job opportunities.
CFIS is specifically looking for students interested in working with depressed and suicidal patients and/or those interested in family processes underlying psychopathology. The therapy model developed by the center, Attachment-Based Family Therapy (ABFT; Diamond et al., 2014), focuses on repairing parent-adolescent relationships in order to treat adolescent symptoms of depression and suicidality.
- Obtain training in administration and scoring of clinical interviews and self-report measures related to suicide, attachment, and emotional functioning
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Screen adolescent participants for study eligibility
- Conduct follow-up assessments with parents and adolescents
- Participate in additional research and didactic activities
- Graduate-level research assistants have the opportunity to be trained in conducting structured clinical interviews (e.g., AAI and DISC)
- The ability to work a minimum of 8 hours/week.
- Responsible and reliable (i.e. showing up on time, when scheduled)
- An interest in the field of clinical psychology
If you have questions about this practicum position or are interested in applying, please contact our Research Operations Manager, Cameron McConkey at 215.571.3417 or email@example.com.