Work Order Submission & Status
Departments at Drexel University may submit work requests, and check the status of a request/work order by:
- If you are a registered requestor login to WebTMA
- If you are not a registered requestor
Please include a detailed description of the work you are requesting to be done, location, department and contact information. You will receive a request number and then an email notification when your work request is converted into a work order.
Chargeable vs. Non-chargeable Work Orders:
General maintenance is typically non-chargeable (i.e., burnt out light bulbs, overflowing toilet, heating problems, etc.). Requests beyond the scope of general maintenance are likely chargeable and can include services such as transportation (deliveries/trips), non-contracted trash removal, campus moves, space renovations, signage, installation of equipment, event set-ups, special departmental projects, special event requests, renovations and other miscellaneous duties.
Maintenance Operations & Shops
Drexel's maintenance department is a full-service facility consisting of individual shops that specialize in all aspects of building maintenance.
Maintenance shops and managerial offices are located in the General Services Building. Each shop specializes in individual areas of expertise and includes:
- Carpenter Shop - performs basic building interior repair to major renovation projects; including, ceiling and floor tile installation, mounting pictures and nameplates, and custom wood working.
- Lock Shop - offers complete lock service from cutting keys to installing lock systems.
- Metal Shop - performs all types of metal fabrication including steel door unit, welding, and handrail repairs.
- Plumbing Shop - carries out drain cleaning, roof and area drain repairs, installing and maintaining safety shower and eyewash systems, identifying and addressing domestic water system cross connection and backflow issues, and installing and maintaining plumbing systems, lavatory and laboratory fixtures.
- Paint/Plaster Shop - provides interior and exterior painting and renovation projects, as well as furniture and frame refinishing.
- Electric Shop - provides building electrical system support (changing bulbs & new light fixtures) for routine building maintenance, renovation projects, and electric equipment installation.