Encouraging new collaborations for expressive projects
2016 PROPOSALS: SUBMISSIONS OPEN
The ExCITe Center announces a new call for novel, transdisciplinary research projects providing the opportunity to develop concepts that may be difficult to support through traditional channels. Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of ExCITe-affiliated faculty and staff, and projects selected for support will receive:
- Funding up to $5000 per project (awards will vary by project needs)
- Use of the ExCITe Center facility for project work (as appropriate)
- Additional opportunities for engagement with other ExCITe Center projects and participants
- The project team must be transdisciplinary and include at least one Drexel participant. This includes any current Drexel student, faculty, or staff member.
- Project timelines will vary: three to nine months is a reasonable range for project duration.
- All funding must be spent during the fiscal year of its awarding.
- Indirect costs (organizational or institutional overhead) will not be supported and should not be included.
- Awarded projects will be required to submit progress reports and to participate in monthly events and presentations at the ExCITe Center.
Announce call for proposals: April 29, 2016 (Friday)
Proposals due by 5:00 PM EDT June 1, 2016 (Wednesday)
Awards announced: July 1, 2016 (Friday)
The body of the proposal is limited to 2 pages, the budget is a separate single page. Complete proposals should be submitted as a single PDF attachment sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Seed submission.
- Title: (100 characters)
- Project Statement: (1 sentence max)
- Objective: (250 characters)
- Project Team: Include for all members - first name, last name, organization, department, email
- Project Plan: State or map out the anticipated workflow and timeline for the development of the project.
- Budget: As detailed as possible/reasonable, i.e. “$250 for 5x antenna”, not “$250 for supplies.”
Optional Supplemental Materials:
- Up to 2 images or one video (as link) may be submitted.