Learning Innovation Conversation with John Maeda
January 24, 2017
In the opening event of the Learning Innovation Conversation series, John Maeda joined ExCITe Director Youngmoo Kim and almost 300 attendees at Mitchell Auditorium at Drexel University in a moderated conversation about creative approaches to learning. ExCITe invited Dr. Maeda, an engineer turned artist turned executive, who at his core is a designer, to help launch the Learning Innovation conversation series because he is a boundary-pushing, creative leader who believes the best way to learn is to do (and learn from failure while doing it).
Maeda also hosted a Computational Design seminar with ExCITe and the Philadelphia chapter of the AIGA while in town for his Learning Innovation Conversation.
Media Coverage of John Maeda Conversation:
- Design bigwig John Maeda is coming to Philadelphia, Technically Philly, January 18, 2017
- Essay: More creative approaches to learning can empower students of all ages, WHYY, January 19, 2017
- The Citizen Recommends: John Maeda, The Philadelphia Citizen, January 23, 2017
- ‘Learning Innovation Conversations’ kickoff event, BillyPenn, January 23, 2017
- Drexel’s Learning Innovation Program Launches With Speaker Series, DrexelNow, January 24, 2017
- Adding art and a touch of business to turn STEM to STEAM, WHYY, January 24, 2017
About John Maeda:
John Maeda, an engineer turned artist turned executive, who at his core is a designer, is a boundary-pushing, creative leader who believes the best way to learn is to do (and learn from failure while doing it). Maeda is currently Global Head, Computational Design and Inclusion at Automattic (the maker of Wordpress) and formerly President of the Rhode Island School of Design, Design Partner at Kleiner Perkins, and Professor at the MIT Media Lab.