LEARNING INNOVATION FELLOWSHIP CO-OP
Drexel students are the makers, tinkerers, innovators, and entrepreneurs of the future. The ExCITe Center seeks to support these students in developing a vibrant culture of hands-on learning, teaching, and peer mentoring based in a dynamic transdisciplinary environment. The Learning Innovation Co-op Fellowship will support students whose work best exemplifies this spirit, combining new ideas, technology, and practices. This competition is for a paid co-op experience for the Spring/Summer cycle of 2017 for an undergraduate to pursue research and production of transdisciplinary activities, methods, and materials for learning. The awardee will be selected based on their proposal, related prior experience, and qualifications.
Learning Innovation can mean many things, but at its simplest it is new approaches for creating, acquiring, and disseminating knowledge. This can include explorations of how technology, practice, and/or science is informing new approaches for learning - whether formal, informal, youth or adult, through multidisciplinary practices, commonly captured under terms like active learning, making, or STEAM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Design, and Mathematics.
How do you hope to shape learning innovation? Apply to become a Learning Innovation Fellow for your Spring/Summer co-op.
Application opens September 1, 2016
Application due December 2, 2016, 5 PM
Finalist selection December 9, 2016
A proposal, no longer than 3 pages, addressing the following:
- What does “learning innovation” mean to you?
- Describe your research proposal and how it will serve to advance learning innovation. Include detail regarding existing work and/or demonstrating access to materials/supplies/equipment necessary for the pursuit.
- Supplemental/supporting material including photo, video, or web-based may be included, limit 3 items as attachment or URLs.
The proposal along with a faculty letter of recommendation and the applicant’s current resume should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line “Learning Innovation Fellowship: Co-op” before December 2, 2016, 5:00 PM EST.
- 2nd or 3rd co-op
- 2.7 GPA minimum
- The student will be assigned an ExCITe advisor/mentor for the duration of the co-op, who will provide final evaluation as well as weekly sync-ups with the student.
- As with all Drexel Co-op positions, an ES&P form must be completed by the student.
- The advisor will serve as the “employer” and will complete the Employer Evaluation Form.
- The student will be required to do a final presentation as part of the ExCITe monthly convening, T3.