Adjunct Associate Professor
Office: 0032C MacAlister Hall
- BA, Comparative Literature, Northwestern University, 1975
- MFA, Writing/Poetry, Vermont College, 2000
I am a poet, writer, and translator.
I have published four collections of poems and one nonfiction book.
My individual poems have appeared in a wide range of journals including Ploughshares, Boulevard, Washington Square Review, Artful Dodge, Southwest Review, Cimarron Review, 5 A.M., Hunger Mountain, Lilith, and Kerem. My poems have also been featured on Verse Daily, E-Verse Radio, and Garrison Keillor’s radio show The Writer’s Almanac.
My essays have appeared in Southwest Review, Michigan Quarterly Review, Contemporary Poetry Review, Alimentum, The Smart Set, and MoreIntelligentLife.com. My fiction has been published in Cleaver, Press 1, New Purlieu Review, and The Rag.
A former Bucks County, Pennsylvania poet laureate, I am also the winner of Bucks County Community College’s Robert Fraser Poetry Award. I have received grants from the Leeway Foundation and funding from the Pennsylvania Humanities Council for my community-based teaching. Prior to teaching, I had a career in publishing and advertising. I was born in St. Louis, Missouri.
Favorite Poets: B. H. Fairchild and Pablo Neruda
Favorite TV Show: Mad Men
One reason I like my job is: I like learning along with the students.
- Miss Plastique (Ragged Sky Press, 2013)
- Poems for the Writing: Prompts for Poets (by Valerie Fox and Lynn Levin) (Texture Press, 2013)
- Fair Creatures of an Hour (Loonfeather Press, 2009), a 2010 Next Generation Indie Book Awards finalist in poetry
- Imaginarium (Loonfeather Press, 2005), a finalist for ForeWord Magazine’s 2005 Book of the Year Award
- A Few Questions about Paradise (Loonfeather Press, 2000)