Ph.D. Civil Engineering - Drexel University
J.D. Law - Widener University
MSCE Construction Management - Drexel University
BSCE Soils/Foundations - Drexel University
Fredric Plotnick, PhD is the Course Developer and Subject Matter Expert for EGMT 652: Engineering Law, as well as an adjunct professor in the Civil Engineering and Construction Management Departments at Drexel University.
In addition to his faculty roles, Plotnick is CEO and principal consultant of Engineering & Property Management Consultants, Inc. Plotnick is a past president of the Philadelphia Chapter of the Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers, past Construction Group chair of the Philadelphia Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers, and past V.P. Education of PMI Project Management Institute's College of Scheduling. He has been an active member of AACE Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International since 1980. Plotnick is also involved as a speaker for and has been published in the journal of the American bar Association Forum for Construction.
Plotnick is the current author of textbooks CPM in Construction Management and Contracts and the Legal Environment for Engineers & Architects, both published by McGraw-Hill. Plotnick has two U.S. Patents: No. 7,860,814 issued for “System and Method for Handling NP-Complete Problems”and No. 8,805,919 issued for "Multi-Hierarchial Reporting Methodology." He has also been cited in Engineering News-Record for his expertise in construction and scheduling.
- Bockrath, J., & Plotnick, F. (2010). Contracts and the Legal Environment for Engineers and Architects, 7th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill
- O'Brien, J., & Plotnick, F. (1999). CPM in Construction Management, 5th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill
- O'Brien, J., & Plotnick, F. (2006). CPM in Construction Management, 6th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill
- O'Brien, J., & Plotnick, F. (2010). CPM in Construction Management, 7th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill
- O'Brien, J., & Plotnick, F. (2016). CPM in Construction Management, 8th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill