Minor in Engineering Management
A common refrain from employers in industry is that engineering graduates have a strong technical education but lack an understanding of management to advance into leadership positions. Developed to address this concern and equip our Drexel engineers with the necessary skillset, the Minor in Engineering Management is designed for COE and BMES students looking to accelerate their career path into management after graduation.
The curriculum enhances an engineer’s resume to show understanding and development of skills in:
- Management and Leadership behaviors and decision-making within a technology organization
- Economic Analysis
- Legal Studies
- Systems Engineering and Systems Thinking
- Project Management
For more detailed information about courses and course descriptions, please go to: Drexel University Course Catalog.
All application materials can be sent to Chris Morse of the Engineering Management Program. Chris will accept these materials via fax 215.895.5811, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person in University Crossings Room 133. Please see below for the specific requirements for the Minor in Engineering Management:
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Application (with your Major Advisor's signature)
- Personal Essay – How will a Minor in EM set me apart from my peers? Why do I want to pursue a Minor in EM?
- Must submit Plan of Study to be approved in advance of pursuit (Demonstrates student will have completed 2 co-ops before engaging in EGMT-coded courses (ability to complete CIVE 240, ECON 201, 202, ORGB 300 beforehand or simultaneously)
The Minor in Engineering Management is an eight course undergraduate minor available for all COE and BMES students. There are 6 required core courses, and two elective options. A minimum of 24 credits must be completed to earn the Minor.
Required Core Courses
- BLAW 201: Business Law I
- CIVE 240: Engineering Economic Analysis
- PROJ 301 Intro to Project Management
- EGMT 404: Intro to Engr Mgmt Communications
- EGMT 462: Intro to Engineering Management
- EGMT 465: Intro. to Systems Engineering
Elective Courses (Choose any two)
- ECON 201: Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 202: Principles of Macroeconomics
- ENTP 329: Entrepreneurship & New Technologies
- Other electives as approved by EGMT Director
Note that these Minor requirements have changed effective Fall 2015-2016. Any students admitted to the Minor prior to this date have two options: (1) be grandfathered in to the previous Minor requirements or (2) follow the new requirements. Students admitted in Fall 2015-2016 or later MUST follow the new Minor requirements.
For more details on each course, please refer to the course catalog.
Questions can be directed to the Engineering Management Program at 215.895.2354 or email@example.com.