We have a variety of support services to help you to stay on track during your time at Drexel. We are here to help you to succeed and make the most of your undergraduate experience.
The Undergraduate Advising Center provides academic support and assistance primarily to undergraduate freshmen and sophomore students in the College of Engineering. Your advisor will help you with things like academic advising, scheduling of classes, transferring credits to Drexel, personal support and explanation of university policy and procedures. The advisors are also experts in helping new freshmen and transfer students in their adjustment to the university. Once you reach your third year in the College of Engineering you will have an advisor in your home department.
Your first year you will even take a two credit course called University 101 that helps you to learn more about Drexel and living in Philadelphia. You will learn about everything from how to get involved in the community or study abroad to how to best manage your time while you are here.
The academic resources available to you aren’t just in the College of Engineering. Here are just some of the things that offices on campus are dedicated to helping you with:
- Tutoring: If you are looking for tutoring you will want to visit the Drexel Learning Center or the Academic Center for Engineers (ACE) which provides tutoring support for core curriculum courses for Freshmen and Sophomores. ACE tutors are upperclassmen who excel in their programs and can work closely with students in a one-on-one environment or in small groups. ACE is located in the basement of the main academic building in Main 005.
- Diversity: We have a variety of support services dedicated to diversity at Drexel. The Alliance for Minority Participation is dedicated to helping students succeed in science, technology, engineering and math.
- International Student Support: The Office of International Students and Scholars is here to help you with everything from student visas to getting your driver’s license. If you are looking for support in English you will definitely want to visit the English Language Center.
Beyond the Classroom
Don’t forget that there is more to College then just what’s in the classroom. Make the most of your Drexel experience by finding out more about:
- Co-op and Jobs after Graduation: Chances are you have heard a lot about co-op and maybe that is even one of the big reasons that you chose Drexel. Don’t worry the co-op coordinators in the Steinbright Career Development Center will help to guide you through the whole process. They also help you with career and educational counseling when it is time to look for your first full-time job.
- Undergraduate Research: As an undergraduate you have the opportunity to get involved in research. This means that you will get to work in one of your professor’s research laboratory on cutting edge research projects.
- Student Organizations: Each engineering major has at least one student organization and many of our organizations have members from all over the College of Engineering and some are even specialized just for women or underrepresented students. Don’t forget to get involved in organizations outside of engineering by visiting the Office of Campus Activities. There is an organization dedicated to almost anything that you could be interested in from dance to politics to Greek life.