For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Resources for Admission

We realize that many of our students are coming to us with the hopes of accelerating the pace of their studies with AP credits, International Baccalaureate Degrees and credits from other colleges. We are here to help you to succeed and make the most of your undergraduate experience. The Undergraduate Advising Center is the key resource for all incoming freshmen and transfer students when it comes to your curriculum. Here is a little more information on each of the three key areas:

Advanced Placement Credits

Drexel University recognizes the significance of superior scores earned by incoming freshmen on Advanced Placement (AP) examinations administered by the Educational Testing Service. Consideration of AP performance may accelerate a student's progress in his/her respective degree program. Students should arrange to have their scores sent directly to Drexel University from the College Board, the code is 2194.

Students who have received a score of 4 or 5 on any AP examination may elect, with the approval of their academic advisor, to be placed in an advanced course in that AP subject, substitute another course or credit-bearing activity in its place, or waive the course and receive course credit towards graduation requirements according to the departmental guidelines established in the AP Credit Coursewalk.

Students enrolled in a Drexel accelerated degree program (BS/MS, BS/PhD, BS/MD or BS/JD) may, with the approval of their academic advisor, decide to complete coursework or waive selected courses in which AP scores of 4 and 5 have been earned and apply the course credits to meet graduation requirements.

Please refer to the complete policy on Advanced Placement Credit for additional information

College Credits

Students may transfer in coursework taken at another university or college. Coursework completed before the start of the freshman year will be evaluated by the Undergraduate Advising Center. It is the student's responsibility to have official transcripts forwarded to the Undergraduate Advising Center upon completion of coursework. Coursework completed at another university at any time after entering Drexel University must be pre-approved by the Undergraduate Advising Center. Pre-approval is required in order to assure that the student is taking the appropriate course needed to progress within the curriculum.

International Baccalaureate (IB)

The College of Engineering may also accept scores for the International Baccalaureate (IB) examination. Currently scores of 5 and above are accepted for advanced standing. These scores should be forwarded to the Undergraduate Advising Center. Unless a student provides documented IB test results, he/she will not receive advanced placement credit.

Your scores for advanced standing should be sent to:

Drexel University College of Engineering
Undergraduate Advising Center
University Crossings, Rm 155
3175 JFK Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Voice 215-895-2211
Fax 215-895-5863