For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Transfer Students

Drexel Engineering is excited to welcome our transfer class! The below FAQs covers information that was mailed to you with your transfer credit evaluation. See too the Advising Syllabus which will tell you what happens between now and the beginning of the fall term, and includes resources to help you prepare for your first year at Drexel.
You will begin receiving newsletters to prepare you for the fall term in mid-July. These newsletters will cover topics such as placement exams, class schedules, academic options, as well as information regarding New Student Week. Newsletters, as well as other important communications, will be sent to your Drexel email address so it is important that you start checking your Drexel email regularly.

You can also contact your academic advisor directly with additional questions and any concerns prior to your arrival at Drexel.


Transfer Credit Evaluation FAQs


A course is missing from my transfer credit evaluation. Why is that?

a. Did you receive at least a C (2.0) or better in the course?
If the course was transferred from an accredited institution but your grade was
not equivalent to a C (2.0) or better, then the course will not transfer.
b. Was the course a developmental / remedial course?
Courses that are not considered college level are usually indicated with course numbers
below 100 or 1000 and do not transfer to Drexel.  Also courses such as a non-calculus based physics class, math courses below calculus and preparatory chemistry courses will not transfer.

c. Was the institution you attended regionally accredited?
Drexel may grant you credit for courses completed at a college or university that is either regionally accredited or a recognized candidate for accreditation according to the Association of Colleges and Schools/Commission on Higher Education.

  • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges , Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE)
  • North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission (NCAHLC)
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), Commission on Colleges
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC-ACCJC)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities (WASC-ACSCU)

What if I feel I should have received credit for a course (listed on the evaluation) that I did not?

Please contact your transfer advisor. A more detailed course description or syllabus may be required to re-evaluate the course(s) in question.

What does TGEE stand for?

TGEE stands for Transfer General Education Elective.  This subject code is assigned to give credit for courses taken that do not have a substantial match at Drexel but are still valid courses to transfer. (All engineering majors require a number of General Education Elective credits. For more information, see the Drexel catalog)

I received credit for ____ course but would like to retake it at Drexel. What will happen to my transfer credits for that course(s)?

If you choose to retake a course(s) at Drexel that you took at a previous college you will forfeit the transfer credit you received for that particular course(s).

I have AP/IB/CLEP/A level credits. Why are they not showing on my transfer credit evaluation?

If you have earned credit through Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), you must have your scores sent directly from the testing board, even if they are already posted on a transcript from another institution. We cannot grant credit based on your previous institution’s evaluation.

Do my grades transfer to Drexel?

Although your grades from transfer courses are used in making admissions decisions and for completing a transfer credit evaluation, they are not calculated into your GPA at Drexel University.

Can I get credit for courses taken PASS/FAIL?

Drexel University’s College of Engineering will award credit IF it can be determined that you earned at least a "C" (2.0) grade according to our standards.

How do I know how my credits apply towards my intended Drexel engineering major?

DegreeWorks - DegreeWorks is an easy to use, powerful set of degree audit and academic advising tools that allows you and your advisor to view your progress toward your degree at any time through the DrexelOne portal. When viewing your worksheet in Degreeworks you can see which Drexel classes have been completed via transfer credits from your previous college(s). You can also see what is left for you to take at Drexel to graduate. To access DegreeWorks please go to Click on the Student tab. Then under the Student Records section click Graduation Requirements (DegreeWorks).

Online Catalog – You can view Drexel’s online catalog to see which courses are required for your intended engineering major. By visiting the catalog and viewing the page for your intended engineering major you can find out how many credits are required for the degree, what the course requirements are, a recommended plan of study, co-op/career opportunities, etc. To access the catalog please visit

Is there a maximum number of credits I can transfer to Drexel?

The maximum number of credits that may be transferred into a Drexel undergraduate program is 90 quarter credits. If you come in to Drexel with more than 90 credits you will work with your advisor to decide which credits will be used towards graduation. You can find more information about transferring credits on the provost’s website (PDF).