Paul Peck Scholars
What is a Peck Scholar?
Peck Scholars are students that participate in a specialized critical thinking program designed for an elite group of students that provides them with a competitive edge in the global economy. Students learn that the essence of leadership and innovation lies in the ability to communicate effectively, apply critical thinking and reasoned problem solving to any situation to produce tangible and measurable results. This is achieved through special courses, integration of curriculum, seminars, and specialized co-op opportunities that is directed at developing the next generation of technological leaders.
- Option for specialized coop opportunities that highlight leadership development
- Unique course offerings that cover topics such as:
- Business fundamental
- Creativity and Innovation
- Mentorship and Leadership
- Civic Engagement
- Communication and Writing
- Social activities with other Peck Scholars and faculty members
By participating, students will develop the ability to:
- Think critically and solve global problems
- Develop their own leadership style
- Engage with fellow leaders
- Enhance oral and written communication skills
In addition to developing everyday skills, students will also develop an:
- Understanding of policy and global issues
- Entrepreneurial, innovative spirit
- Strong theoretical and contextual frameworks to lead in career paths
How Do I Become a Paul Peck Scholar?
Applications become available each spring, and interested students are encouraged to complete an application for consideration. Seats are limited, and an interview may be required. More information will be made available soon. Peck scholars must complete the following in order to be eligible for special distinction at graduation: