Make your travel plans with your program start date in mind. You may be refused entry into the United States if you attempt to arrive more than 30 days before the program start date listed on your SEVIS I-20 form.
Do not check the following documents in your baggage. If your baggage is lost or delayed, you will be unable to present the documents at your port of entry. As a result, you may not be able to enter the United States.
- Your passport, valid for at least six months beyond the date of your expected stay
- Your SEVIS I-20 Form
- Your Form I-901, SEVIS Fee Receipt
- Name and contact information of your designated school official: Drexel University ELC Designated School Official: Nicholas Gehman, Phone: 1.215.571.4633 or 1.215.895.2022
If you arriving by plane, your flight attendants will distribute Customs Declaration Forms (CF-6059). This form must be completed before you land.
When you arrive at the port of entry (the first city where your plane lands in the U.S.), proceed to the terminal area for arriving passengers. Have the following documents available for presentation: your passport; SEVIS Form (I-20) and Customs Declaration Form (CF-6059).
All visitors entering the United States must state their reason for wishing to enter the country. It is important that you tell the CBP Officer that you will be a student. Be prepared to include the name and address of the school program where you will study: Drexel University English Language Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
There are 2 kinds of transportation from Philadelphia International Airport:
Taxicab (fastest and easiest)
- When: 24 hours a day. You do not need a reservation.
- Where: Outside of the baggage claim area.
- How: Tell the driver the address you want to go to (or write the address on a piece of paper).
- Time: About 20 minutes from the airport to the Drexel University neighborhood and housing for Drexel ELC students.
- Cost: About $35 including tip (cash only).
Shuttle van service is a little harder.
Go to the Ground Transportation Information desk located in the baggage claim area and tell the representative that you would like a shuttle. The Ground Transportation Information representative will contact a shuttle service for you and let you know when it arrives. The representative will also tell you the cost for the shuttle.
- Make sure to:
- Ask the people behind the counter for help
- Tell the driver the address you want to go to (or write it on a piece of paper).
- Time: About 30 minutes from the airport to Drexel University (the van may make other stops).
- campus map