Insurance and Immunizations
All English Language Center (ELC) students must use the health insurance policy arranged by Drexel ELC. Use of international or other insurance plans is NOT permitted. Only government-sponsored students may waive this requirement upon presentation of a valid financial guarantee from the sponsor.
Insurance fees are subject to change and include an administrative charge.
Students in the Intensive English and Global Business English programs do not need to provide immunization or other health records. Immunizations are required for:
- All students living in Drexel Residence Halls
- All International Gateway students
- Download the Immunization Form (PDF) from the Drexel website.
- Have all immunizations done in your country because they are very costly in the United States.
- Tuberulosis Test Choices
- Quantiferon tuberculosis test can be done in your country, but results must be submitted in English.
- The PPD test MUST be done in the United States. Bring the immunization form with you for the PPD screening.
- DO NOT submit the immunization form if you have not completed ALL required immunizations.
- Instructions for submitting the immunization form can be found here. Only submit this form if ALL immunizations have been completed.
- Screenings will be arranged with Drexel Student Health Services at the beginning of the term. Information will be provided during orientation.
- As noted on the form, there is a $35 immunization fee for all students.
SUBMITTING YOUR COMPLETED IMMUNIZATION RECORD
Scan and send all completed immunization records via email to email@example.com. Be sure to include the following in the email:
- Full Name (First/Given Name and Last/Family Name)
- Drexel ID number
Forms take about 48 hours to process.