Intensive English Program
Curriculum: 21 hours per week
5 days a week in the morning or afternoon:
Listening/Speaking classes focus on listening comprehension and spoken communication skills including pronunciation, vocabulary, and grammar.
Reading/Writing classes focus on reading comprehension and written communication skills including grammatical structure, idea development and sentence, paragraph and essay formats.
2 days a week at midday:
- Beginning, Intermediate or Advanced Grammar classes
- Special Topic classes focus on specific skills (such as Vocabulary Development or Oral Presentations) or test preparation (TOEFL or IELTS) 2 days a week.
- Orientation program before classes start
- Certificates for successful completion of each full or half term
- Small classes: average size 10 – 12; largest have 15 students
- Experienced teachers with advanced degrees for all classes
Leadership Training Opportunities
- Student Union class representatives
- Allison Rose Fellowships – scholarships for continuing students
- Earn a $1,200 tuition discount
- Improve your English by helping ELC teachers and staff
- Lead other students at orientation and on activities
Academic advising for university study in the U.S.
American Cultural Connections ®
- Exchange language and conversation with American students
- Make friends and learn more about the U.S.A.
Coffee hours with American students
Visits to Philadelphia-area historic and cultural sites, shopping centers, professional sports venues and more!