Global Business English/Pre-MBA (GLOBE)
The GLOBE program is…
Designed to meet the needs of prospective and pre-MBA students as well as business professionals.
For participants with a university degree who place into ELC level 4 Speaking/Listening AND Reading/Writing (or higher).
Curriculum: 24 class hours per week*
- The Language of Business Information is a modular integrated skills course that focuses on concepts and key vocabulary related to specific topics such as marketing, finance, international business, and human resources. Topics vary each term; all modules are covered in a 2-term sequence. The course uses case studies and current business news from authentic sources and includes research and visits to local business.
- Academic Reading/Writing classes emphasize essay writing, advanced academic reading, research skills, and strategies for graduate level coursework.
- GMAT Preparation
- Skills for Graduate School Success
GLOBE Program Special Features
- MBA class observations: Upon request, arrangements can be made for GLOBE participants to observe a class at Drexel's LeBow College of Business
- Networking receptions: Meet other international visitors and local residents at receptions sponsored by the International Visitors Council of Philadelphia.
- Prospective MBA workshops: Workshops on topics like choosing an MBA program, writing an application essay, or preparing for an interview will be offered each term.
- Lecture opportunities: Gain valuable insights on the U.S. business scene in lectures at Drexel's LeBow College of Business, the Baiada Center for Entrepreneurship in Technology, and other departments.
* Note: There is an supplemental charge for this program due to additional hours and features.