Office: University Crossings Room 136
- Eng.D. Engineering Management - Southern Methodist University
- M.L.A. Liberal Arts - Southern Methodist University
- M.S. Manufacturing Systems Management - Southern Methodist University
- M.S. Engineering Management - Drexel University
- M.S. Chemical Engineering - Drexel University
- Master of Engineering Science - Lamar University
- B.S. Chemical Engineering - University of Virginia
Dr. John Via has served as the Director of Engineering Management and the Associate Dean of Engineering for Online Programs at Drexel University since October 2012. Dr. Via started teaching as an Adjunct Associate Professor in Engineering at Texas Christian University and assisted with the start-up of their undergraduate engineering program. He was appointed an Adjunct Professor in Engineering Management at Southern Methodist University in 2004 and taught in their Executive MS Engineering Management Program for eight years.
Dr. Via is a Drexel alumnus and graduate of the Engineering Management Program, receiving both a M.S. in Chemical Engineering and his M.S. in Engineering Management in the early 1990s. He received his B.S. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Virginia, a Master of Engineering Science from Lamar University and a M.S. Manufacturing Systems Management, a Master of Liberal Arts and a Doctor of Engineering in Engineering Management from Southern Methodist University. Dr. Via also completed the Program for Management Development at Harvard Business School.
In addition to his academic background, Dr. Via has 27 years of industrial experience in the pharmaceutical and chemical industries. He is a registered Professional Engineer in Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Texas.