For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Transfer Credit

The transfer of credits earned at a post-secondary institution other than Drexel University into a student's official Drexel University record is governed by the Graduate College's External Transfer Credit policy. Students interested in having previously completed coursework considered for the awarding of transfer credit should consult this policy in order evaluate whether the coursework under consideration meets the university established eligibility criteria.

In order for previously completed coursework to be considered for transfer credit, a student must submit the following to the graduate advisors:

  • Request for a transfer credit evaluation in writing which includes:
    • Explicit statement of the request for transfer credit evaluation
    • Student's full name
    • Student's Drexel University ID number
    • List of the courses for which the student is requesting evaluation that includes for each course any available course identification information (subject code, course number, etc.), the course title, and the name of the institution at which the course was taken
  • Syllabus for each course for which the student is requesting evaluation
  • Official transcript or equivalent official educational record that shows for each course for which the student is requesting evaluation when the course was taken and the grade that was earned

Once the above information has been received by the graduate advisors, the coursework will be evaluated by the graduate advisors for compliance with relevant university policies and by appropriate Drexel University faculty members for content equivalency and merit. Once the evaluation is completed, the student will be notified via email of the results of the evaluation.

Please note that because of the university policies governing graduate transfer credit, a maximum of 15 graduate quarter credits may be awarded through the transfer credit process. In addition, coursework will not be evaluated for transfer credits for students who are classified as post-Master's doctoral students.

Students should consult the curricular requirements for their chosen degree program for additional information about how transfer credits are incorporated into the overall structure of the degree. Curricular requirements for each of the graduate degree programs administered by the ECE Department can be found at the following links: