For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.



How do I register for courses?

Most registration can be handled by the student through Drexel University's online registration system. More information about how to use the online registration system can be found on Drexel Central's How to Register for Courses page.

If a student is experiencing issues that are preventing self-registration, said student is asked to look through the remainder of this FAQ for a solution. If no solution is presented, please contact the graduate advisors.

When can I register for courses?

Registration for any given quarter is restricted to particular time periods that vary from student to student based on a number of factors. Each student is assigned a registration time ticket that specifies this registration time period. In order to access the registration time ticket, please follow the following procedure:

  • Log in to DrexelOne
  • Select the "STUDENT" tab at the top of the page
  • Under "Registration", select "Check Your Registration Information"
  • Select the appropriate term from the drop-down menu
  • Click the "Submit" button

I am an on campus student, can I take online courses?

The online sections of graduate courses offered by the ECE Department that have both an online and on campus section meeting during the same quarter are restricted to online students only. In order to be granted an exception to this restriction, an on campus student:

  • must be, at the time of exception granting, registered for, and remain registered for, an on campus course that is in direct time conflict with the on campus section of the course for which online section enrollment is being requested or
  • must be classified as part-time and be, at the time of exception granting, registered for, and remain registered for, at least one on campus course.

If a student feels that the student meets one of the exception criterion listed above or otherwise should be granted an exception, said student is asked seek said exception by sending a request via email to the graduate advisors. Such a request should include:

  • Student's name
  • Student's Drexel University ID number
  • Subject code, course number, and CRN of the the course for which the student is requesting an exception
  • An explanation of the reason(s) the student believes an exception should be granted

The ECE Department considers departmental courses offered only in the online format during a given term open to all students, both online and on campus

Online offerings by other departments may or may not contain the same restriction. You may petition for an exception to said restriction by contacting the offering department.

Please note that students studying at Drexel who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents should contact the International Students and Scholars Services office in order to determine how many, if any, credits can be taken online during any given quarter.

I am an online student, can I take on campus courses?

Yes. Students should be aware, though, that higher tuition rates may apply for credits taken in the form of on campus courses, as these credits are not covered under all tuition discounting program offered through Drexel Online.

If a student needs assistance with registration for such a course, said student should request the assistance of the graduate advisors by submitting one of the following:

  • A complete Add/Drop/Withdraw Form, although no instructor signature is required; or
  • An email that includes the following information:
    • Student's name,
    • Student's Drexel University ID number, and
    • Subject code, course number, and CRN of the the course for which the student wishes to be registered

How can I tell whether a course is a graduate-level course?

At Drexel University, all graduate-level courses are designated by a course number that is 500 or higher.

Can I take an undergraduate course?

Students pursuing a graduate degree at Drexel University may take undergraduate courses; however, credits earned in undergraduate courses will not count towards fulfillment of any graduate degree curricular requirements, including the minimum graduate quarter credit requirements set for any given degree program. Please also note that:

  • Grades earned in undergraduate courses are calculated into a graduate student's cumulative GPA
  • Credits from undergraduate course are counted as part of a student's attempted credits for the purposes of determining quarterly time status
  • Graduate tuition billing rates and policies apply to all credits undertaken while enrolled in a graduate degree program
  • For students utilizing sources other than personal funds to support the costs of graduate education, not all funding sources will cover tuition charges for undergraduate courses.

Program Planning

I have completed graduate-level coursework prior to enrollment in my graduate degree program at Drexel University. How do I request that these credits be transferred?

Information about the transfer credit process can be found on the transfer credit information page.