Course Completion Credit
No earned course credit completed 10 years or more before the intended graduation date may be applied to a degree program at Drexel University, unless reviewed by and approved of by the academic dean.
The University calculates a single, unified grade point average (GPA) for all courses taken at the University. All grades from original and repeated course enrollments are averaged into the cumulative GPA unless the petition for a GPA adjustment for repeat courses for undergraduate students is approved. If the petition is approved, only the credits earned from the first time a course is completed with a passing grade will be included in a student's earned hours and passed hours.
Undergraduate Guidelines for the GPA Adjustment Petition Option
Undergraduate students who wish to repeat courses using the petition option may do so under the following conditions:
- This policy applies only to courses taken at Drexel University.
- The earliest attempt resulting in a grade of "C-" or lower must have been taken during or after fall quarter of the 2016–2017 academic year.
- A student may not petition for a GPA adjustment for a course taken after degree conferral.
- A student must be enrolled in the second course attempt and petition for a GPA adjustment by the end of the drop/add period.
- A student may appeal for a GPA adjustment only once for a specific course.
- A student may not exceed four repeated courses using this petition option.
- The original occurrence of the course may not have a grade of INC, W, or CR/NCR.
- A student's grade in the original course may not be a result of academic misconduct as documented through the Office of Student Conduct.
- All occurrences of the course along with associated grades will remain on the student's academic record as well as on the official transcript.
- Courses or programs with high enrollment demand reserve the right to offer registration priority to students taking the course for the first time.
- Students who are approved for a GPA adjustment will not be eligible for undergraduate 4.0 cumulative grade point average recognition at the time of graduation.
In order to begin the process for a petition, please meet with your academic advisor.